Overclocking..

foxy`

Solid State Member
hey guys and girls, im new to this site and have been reading about overclocking and it sounds pretty good, i like what i see and what i hear. so anyway i have a few questions my first question is... can i overclock my pc, i didnt make it or anything so thats what i was wondring, someone said something about unlocking the bios or something, my computer is called a hp pavillion, a1228.uk. the motherboard i have, is the one here and has all the information you will need.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00379292

here is the basic information of my computer, i ran a test on cpu-z and this was the results..

thhtyz5.jpg

tyhthf3.jpg

untitledsv8.jpg

any other information you need just add me on msn or email me at jordan_fox271@hotmail.co.uk

i would be really gratefull if anyone could help me..

I doubt that you will be able to overclock with a stock motherboard. I did a quick google on that mobo and didn't get anything. To see if you can, boot up into bios. I'm not going to explain it, read the sticky about overclocking.

Ok, when you start up your PC, it will ask if you want to go into bios. If the bios is locked, basicly its not possible to OC. Also OC'ing wheres down your hardware quickly, lets say you have had a processor for 5 years and it just started not working, If you overclocked it you basicly would only have gotten 1 year out of it. My 3500+ is oc'ed at 2.5ghz and runs fine. Just to let you know, that it is dangerous and voids your motherboard and your processors warranty.

your gonna be able to OC that. all pre-built computers lock their BIOS. the only BIOS that aren't locked is in the Gateway.

Ronco Rox said:
your gonna be able to OC that. all pre-built computers lock their BIOS. the only BIOS that aren't locked is in the Gateway.

any idea on how i can see if my bios is locked and any other information?

also my computer came with 512mb of ram and it was going ok, after gettin ghe 1gb i thought it would be much better but i didnt really even notice the change?

i have to agree w/the above replys reguarding the stock mobos being locked and not being able to OC. it's just better to upgrade the cpu & ram.

~mr mixx~ said:
i have to agree w/the above replys reguarding the stock mobos being locked and not being able to OC. it's just better to upgrade the cpu & ram.

why upgrade the ram when i have 1.5gb? and is there any change of what programs i could try downloading to overclock?? please help

what cpu should i get? and what other things can improove the speed and what dont cost any money please help!!

Back
Top Bottom