Help T.roubleshooting

If theres anything you want saving, like important files. Save it to disk.

Maybe you could get a higher speed internet, or maybe just try deleteing all your temp internet files that could help and cookies etc....

Ummm rambooster program I'm not very familiar with anything like that... maybe you need to upgrade your ram?

Download Boost | License: Shareware |

Download Boost is a special utility designed to help you manage and boost the speed of your downloads. This tool has advanced features of the 3rd generation of download manager software, such as pause and resume broken downloads, boost the speed of downloads with multiple connections (up to 8 connections) for one file, download scheduling, and many more. Unlike its competitor, this software can be used completely free for 300 days without any advertisements..

Publisher: Boost Your PC com.| Date: 23-04-2004 | Size: 1654 KB
-

Robust FREE Internet Speed Booster | License: Freeware |

Boost Your Modem & Browser Speed up to 400% & Optimize your Internet Experience. Easy-to-use, Internet Optimizer for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP designed to automatically optimize your Windows registry settings to boost your Internet surfing. is compatible with all modems and high-speed LAN, ISDN, CABLE, DSL, T1 or other connections. This software will still be useful to you after upgrading your connection. Works with all web browsers..

Publisher: robust.ws| Date: 15-06-2003 | Size: 3696 KB
-

OptiNet | License: Freeware |

OptiNet is a sophisticated utility that tweak your system settings to boost the speed of your network and internet connection. OptiNet customize the optimizations according to the operating system you are running and the connection type. This provides added speed to your Internet load times and adds application speed and stability. OptiNet was designed to help your computer get the most out of its internet connection. OptiNet Feature Highlights: Tailored optimization according to the network type and operating system.

Publisher: SoftBulldog| Date: 01-08-2004 | Size: 123 KB
-

Accelerate | License: Shareware |

Slow Internet connection speeds can be frustrating, and the hardware upgrades necessary to speed your system up can get very expensive. Webroot Software offers solutions designed to help you get the most out of your current Internet connection without making costly investments in hardware upgrades. Accelerate is an easy-to-use software program that improves Internet connection speed for dial-up modems, cable modems, DSL, and LAN connections..

Publisher: Webroot Software, Inc| Date: 04-02-2003 | Size: 1063 KB

Just a few downloads I found from - http://www.sharewareconnection.com/software.php?list=Boost+Internet+Speed

Maybe this could be of some use :D

singularity0 said:
Many thanks.

Will i loose all my important files and folders if i run a registry cleaner or is it harmless? :confused:

Q3>Surfing Speed Improvent
lately i have downloaded several applications and then deleted them.i think this has actually afected my internet speed.
1 program that considerably reduced my speed was a rambooster that i installed.It made the speed around 3 times slower i think.After i removed it i actually got my speed back.But i think it hasnot got back to 100% yet.
can any1 tell me -why this happens?And how can i improve my internet speed?Can I dwnload something for it?Will it help?

they are acually very helpful, and can solve many issues..just make sure to back up your registry before using a cleaner.

they are very usefull & can be helpful in fixing errors, and for taking out the trash in their as well, just make sure to back-up your registry before using a registry cleaner/fixer.

Thank you .Thank you.Thanks a lot.
But I don't want to be the only person to use those download boosters.
Steff and others do you people use any of these applications?Does it really help?

Q4>Registry cleaning and backing
How do i back up my registry?
When i run a registry cleaner is it safe?i mean will i loose my other important files(like media files) as well?

well i do know for a fact that cablenut software , works if you have cable internet..i've tried it and liked it alot. the last time that i used it it was a free download, but not sure as of now.

Edit: This is a booster for cable internet

I definitely recommend upgrading to XP. You can get legitimate versions very cheaply now. Sadly, there is no legal way of obtaining it free :(

Thank you and i will try to upgrade it sooner or later.
But nobody told me how to back up my registry.
And is a registry cleaner safe to use?

please tell me how to backup my registry.
how do i do it?
my computer>c:>right click>tools???
please telll me.

1st click start / run / type regedit / then do below

to back up the registry , just click click file export and pick a place to save it to, but i recommend saving part of the hive seperately..for instance :

hkey_local machine > save the folder ...ect.

Well my computer had a lot of corrupted files and recently it was even effecting my IE which was not working --so guess what-- i formatted my computer to XP for the C: drive ;) ,but the D: drive remains 98 since I did not want to loose a lot of files.

Q5>XP in C: and 98 in D:
Is it OK to have XP in 1 drive and 98 in another drive?
Or do I need to take some safety measures?
I don't want my files to get corrupted again. :rolleyes:

Q6> How to view Youtube fullscreen?
Now this is very important.Allthough XP has provided my computer with new,better and advanced looks but There is a major problem.
When I go to youtube.com and try to view a video fullscreen -the skin of Internet Explorer still shows.But in 98 I used to get a larger area for the video and the skins does not remain.What can I do ? please help. :(
I spend a lot of time watching full-screen youtube videos.
please suggest a way to watch wider/taller videos with comfort like I used to do with 98. :(

you people have been of great help to me.many thanks for that.but please answer (both these questions) a little systematically, like using A5 for answer to my Q5,so that I can understand more easily. :)

Back
Top Bottom