Deck for my car

Ok, I am looking for a new deck for my car. I have found several decks I like but the one I have found that I like is Sony Xplod:

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=soncdxm7810

I like it for a couple reasons:
-It can be in four different positions/angles and has graphics in the background when playing music
-It has BBE, DSO, and EQ7 with 7 preset EQ curves (which the Xplod curve kicks ass for rap/bass music)
-3 amp out puts
-Only $150

Now I know that most people wont know what DSO is because it is exclusive to Sony decks (or so I have heard) and what it basically does is controls the highs of your speakers.

I am also looking at the Alpine CDA-9856:

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpcda9856

It has more or less the same stuff as the Sony but without the "coolness factor" and DSO(something I really like about sony decks)

What are your opinions? Do you know of anything that has more or less the same functions as the above decks or better ones for around the same price range (preferably under 200)

Oh and do you think it is a good thing to have 3 amp outputs or can you get by with just one (rear)?

It all comes down to what you like.

If anyone else on the forums doesnt know already, I have the 9856 and love it. I dont think ill ever buy a different brand deck.

However that sony is tight because it has the motorized face plate and a bit cheaper.

Alpine FTW

Why not use a system or latop. My dad uses a 200Mhz cpu P2 laptop with 10GB of music.

Than hes deck got the Rca plugin. That gets pluged in the back of the deck and the other end is a headphone jack that plugs into the Laptop.

X1337 said:
Why not use a system or latop. My dad uses a 200Mhz cpu P2 laptop with 10GB of music.

Than hes deck got the Rca plugin. That gets pluged in the back of the deck and the other end is a headphone jack that plugs into the Laptop.

maybe because that would cost me over 1000 rather than 150 lol

Dude... You can do that with an mp3 player (doesnt even have to be an iPod!).. Doesnt need to be a laptop that costs major $$$

personally i hate the motorized openings on deck units, some of them just break during really cold mornings in winter. i rather just have easy access to my cd's, rather then waiting for a cover to open up.

i can't wait to move up to a cd changer, but if the mp3 players keep getting their hhd's bigger, and the price keeps dropping, i'll just roll w/one of those.

Well the motoirzed one makes it look expensive lol.

However your right... Your guarenteed pretty much not to have anything go wrong with the Alpine

I agree with the whole motorized face deal. I think I have found a sony deck that yet again meets what I am looking for and then some as well. It is a flip down face, just like the alpine, and has cd text, graphics, and all the othe neat things other decks have.

I am at school right now and cant give you the link, but when I get home today I will post it.

Back
Top Bottom