Irc...

root

Site Team
Staff member
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=45154

It's the second thread of it's nature to appear...

so here a suggestion, (and I'm just wondering how many people like the idea).

Could a CF chatroom be opened up?

IRC software is available for free and is easily installed, we all know that david has his own dedicated server, so if he had the time, could he do this...

Pro - Conversations can be monitored. -No I don't care what you talk about, but if you are bad mouthing this place, then it should be expected that you can't do that, (it's obvious!). also it'd mean that if fights break out then people can watch out and know what';s going on in the form

Pro - Conversation chat logs can be saved, providing a history of the conversations that people have.

Pro - It's on the same server, if its a chatroom with davids forum name, about davids forums, then he should have some say about them.

Pro, if it's on Davids server then he can keep the channel open, there is no need for Bots.

Con, - The software will have to be installed

Con, - It's a lot harder to moderate IRC conversations, they move quickly -and whatever the forst thread about IRC conversations not being moderated, that was a lie, there are chatroom admins and moderators available, usually on a free server the person who starts the chatroom is moderator, (I suspect that the person who wrote about no mods in their chatroom actually knew that they would be mod themselves!)

Con - the first chatroom was barely used, I stayed loggde in for about three days, and counted about ten lines of conversation.

Con, it involves people installing software - Although you can get web clients for IRC.

Brilliant idea, the sooner the better, I realise that it depends on support, so come on guys :D , let's make it happen this time!!

I think this would be a great idea, and would be useful for people wanting quick replies on urgant questions?

For the con of not having a lot of people, not many users are really willing to download the IRC program. If David intergrates it into forum, I would predict a lot more users joining in.

But I like it.

i can set you guys up with a good server and room.. just pm me and when i get back tonight i will set it up for you..

Back
Top Bottom