Whats the Difference between How Many Ghz your Proc is and how many its rated to be?

Re: Whats the Difference between How Many Ghz your Proc is and how many its rated to be?

I'm not saying that it has a clock speed of 5.7ghz, I never did:

prosser13 said:
The 3800+ has two cores which both run at 2.2ghz.

Its around 2.2ghz.

People are getting performance and ghz speed confused.

1 clock cycler per second = 1Hz. --> 5.7GHz = 5 700 000 000 clock cycles per second. Now we are talking about what that 5.7GHz means, because that was the original question. Right?

Now u said that
prosser13 said:
Its simply a way of measuring how many clock cycles your CPU performs per second.

And with his x2 3800+ is says 5.7GHz.

And then u are saying
prosser13 said:
I'm not saying that it has a clock speed of 5.7ghz

but wait.. u just said that the 5.7GHz means the amount of clock cycles per second.. So how can it mean the amount of clock cycles per second, but not be the clock speed of the cpu?

lol, this is just getting so confusing :D

Re: Whats the Difference between How Many Ghz your Proc is and how many its rated to be?

Ok final answer it says 5.7GHz cause some poeple measure it like that they add up the two cores, 2.2+2.2=4.4 then because its a AMD it gets a bonus, and becauce of cache it gets a bonus and it comes out to 5.7 GHZ ITS A SIMPLE MEASUREMENT OF HOW YOUR CPU RANKS AGANIST OTHER CPUS. Thats it... Its called a power rating.

Mammikoura - I'm guessing that Windows has made a mistake then :p

Back
Top Bottom