XP Pro error

up2what

Beta member
I have installed XP Pro on a PC but if I put a disk in the dvd drive to install software for my wireless usb network card or to intall nortons systems works.

The cd will not boot and I will get an error message.

Header says "Entry point not found"

body of message " The procedure entry point querypereancecounter could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll.

I have installed 4 times with same results.

This problem is still there after doing all updates + SP2.

start > run > type in sfc /scannow, this will replace corrupt Windows System files, have your XP cd in the rom drive.

Thanks for the help.

I tried this but in runs for a little, the requests the XP PRO cd.

I put in the disk and it says that this is not the write disk.

The disk I am using is an xp pro recovery disk that comes with the PC (PARS make of PC) I have also trid to use another oem xp pro disk withe the same result.

I think the problem is the way the disks have been store in their plastic sleaves. This has left a mark (faint line on the disk where the flap has been.

Any Ideas please. great site by the way 1st time on for me.

if you cannot get the xp pro cd to boot, i would give micro$oft a call and ask them for a replacement disc, i'm sure they can do it.

I do not think MS will help as it is a recovery disk for an OEM company called PARS not a MS disk.

It is 2nd hand, so no joy there but I bought a few in the last few weeks, so have just sent an e-mail to see if they can send a good disk. Or i will not be buying many more.

Thanks for your help, I had used that command before years ago and forgot about that. Does it work well on DLL errrors.

not sure if that command works well on dll errors or not, but i also recommend running the recovery console and running a repair...that sometimes works as well

up2what said:
It is 2nd hand, so no joy there but I bought a few in the last few weeks, so have just sent an e-mail to see if they can send a good disk. Or i will not be buying many more.

Thanks for your help, I had used that command before years ago and forgot about that. Does it work well on DLL errrors.

hope they can solve your disc problem & hook you up with a new one.

well, a very good program to use for fixing .dll errors i like is cc cleaner , it also has a good registry cleaner....and it's free.

Back
Top Bottom