PC wont start

Daviss

Baseband Member
Hey. I have a weird problem with my pc. When i turn it on, the fans and green light on motherboard are working, but monitor is blank with the little green light blinking. The red light from my optical mouse is off and no lights on the keyboard work aswell. I can only open close the cd-roms.
Any ideas what might cause this problem?

is this a new mobo ? i would check to make sure all of the connections that go to te mobo are snug , make sure the ram is in snug. take off the connector of the monitor, and clean off the end pins with a Q-tip, reconnect snug.

boot up to bios and check all settings / then boot up to safe mode using f8 / then check your devise manager to see if their are any conflicts.

its not a new mobo. i built this pc about a year and a half ago. i tried cleaning and all... and i just cant boot up to bios. it doesnt boot at all. but it has power. :/

can your even get into bios ? f1 f2 f10 or esc key, if so ..just put all settings to default. just one more question, when you turn on your computer ..are you getting a beep before it starts to boot?

I cant get into bios. When i turn on the pc, the monitor is totally blank and its little green light is blinking.. the monitor is acting like the pc wasnt even turned on but it is and the fans are working so its got power. But its not the monitors fault i tested it on my laptop, it was working fine. The red light from my optical mouse is off and there are no lights on the keyboard so they both act like the pc wasnt turned on too. I can only open/close the cd-roms.

I cleaned the proc heatsink, fan and the graph card fan and the whole inside of the pc..

I dont get any bleeps when turning on.

I built this PC in 2004 and its been working fine since then. Ofcorse there have been some problems. Ive changed the power supply and graph card since then.

Now it has an
ASUS A7N8X-VM mobo
Radeon 9600 256mb graph
AMD Athlon XP 2700+
512mb Kingston ram and a
Sweex BA000060 400w power supply.

hope this is some useful info..

I was just thinking... There is a little green light on the mobo, that one is working but can the mobo be broken and the little green light still work?

ok, so you said there is no beep, when you turn on your computer..so right there tells me that it's a hardware problem. it must be somewhere in the mobo connections.

something is either not snug or connected properly. try taking out all the ram sticks but one. see if that works.

I have only 1 ram stick and i dont even get a bleep sound when i remove that, unplug hdd and remove graph card... no bleeps..

in the case there find the wires that conect to the button and to the motherboard. trace them to the mobo and unplug them and re plug them again.

my computer wouldn't turn on last night and i had to just do this and it turned right on.

Back
Top Bottom