car audio, right section?

Aright so just do what we talked about with the 15''.

Alpine Type R and go for that TNT amp. That or I will find a different brand name if you want.

currently, i dont have the money for all this stuff. but in a month, ill have more than enough.

so until i have money in my hand, i wont make any final decisions, because things can change in a month. but i will narrow down my decisions.

size: 15"
brand: alpine, kicker, jl
amp: not sure, possibly the tnt arriz showed me
box: ported (possibly custom, if price allows it)

Ok, I know I am new on this cf, but im a friend of ArrizX. If that counts for much lol. I am also the one with the pair of Kenwood 12s and TNT amp.

I have been searching everywhere for a pair of better 12s because I know that my Kenwoods are very easily topped by most subs. True, I am almost unable to stay in my car when I play a bass test, but I know I can do better.

The specs on my Kenwood:
12"
600Watts peak power
150Watts RMS (i run roughly 350Watts to each sub RMS and they perform great)
30oz. magnet (that is just a guess but the magnet on the subs are tiny)

Name brands such as JL and Alpine will give you great sound quality and better warrenties, but I also know that you can get the same sound out of off-name brand stuff such as my TNT amp. It has a low/flat/high pass filter, 2 crossovers, a 18db/6db switch(which i have no idea what it does) and a bass remote that I can run from the amp to my front seat to control how much bass I am hearing.

I am contemplating my next step in my stereo system. I want to get some better sounding speakers for my doors but I love hearing bass and getting a back massage from the back of my car lol. I am truly in love with bass lmao.

I usually search for subs online and what kind of deals I can find on different brands/sizes and this is the best website yet.

http://www.etronics.com/mysearchcat.asp?catid=299&store=

I am still looking through it because I want to get better front speakers. I have already chose my speaker amp though.

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1804462

It has the same features as my TNT as far as I can tell. I highly doubt I will install it in my current car though, I need a deck upgrade (need more amp outputs/better audio controls) first and I know my engine wouldnt be able to handle that much juice goin to the amps so I would need to buy a capacitor (which are quite inexpesive on www.overstock.com).

If you want quality and name brands, go with Alpine/Kicker/JL, but if you want to be able to spend more on other features such as component systems, or enclosures; you should go with an off name brand, such as the TNT amp, and still end up with great sounding music. I wish I would have found Etronics sooner because I would be rockin a much louder system.

Anyways, I just thought I would put in my 2 cents in because I know what its like waiting to get something so badly and then regretting that you could have gotten something even better if you would have had more info. I am not complaining about my system because it is impressive for 400 dollars (including deck/front;rear speakers/sub/amp). Sorry if anyone thinks the length of my post is a little overkill, but I wanted to get all the info out there lol.

Wolfbrother said:
Ok, I know I am new on this cf, but im a friend of ArrizX.
What makes you think that knowing ArrizX would cut any ice, hmmm?, nah, he's OK [jk], we all tol....er sorry, like the guy, a good mod!
Some cars like yours, amps to max, roar through my village, sometimes in the dead of night, waking me up, & rattlin' the roof tiles, but do what you do, I say, live & let live.

Anyway welcome to CF, simply the best, as Tina would say, [read my sig]

badninja3 said:
currently, i dont have the money for all this stuff. but in a month, ill have more than enough.

so until i have money in my hand, i wont make any final decisions, because things can change in a month. but i will narrow down my decisions.

size: 15"
brand: alpine, kicker, jl
amp: not sure, possibly the tnt arriz showed me
box: ported (possibly custom, if price allows it)

i know your probably already set to get the 15" sub, and what ever else you had in mind, but if i were you i would just go with 1.. 18" sub. that will be somewhere between 800 to 1000 watts stable into 2-ohms or 1-ohm. it will be the best way to go if you decide to get a second amp and put both amps in a push/pull configure.

also the 18" sealed would sound good, but to get that more deep bass, i would go with a ported box. you are correct to say that if it's not ported right, it will sound like shiiat.

Brookfield said:
What makes you think that knowing ArrizX would cut any ice, hmmm?, nah, he's OK [jk], we all tol....er sorry, like the guy, a good mod!
Some cars like yours, amps to max, roar through my village, sometimes in the dead of night, waking me up, & rattlin' the roof tiles, but do what you do, I say, live & let live.

Anyway welcome to CF, simply the best, as Tina would say, [read my sig]

Haha at night its too cold to drive with my windows down and you cant hear anything unless your within 15 feet of it. My car muffels the sound so well, and it doesnt rattle amazingly. So im not quite that person that is waking you up. . . At least not yet. :D

Wolfbrother said:
Haha at night its too cold to drive with my windows down and you cant hear anything unless your within 15 feet of it. My car muffels the sound so well, and it doesnt rattle amazingly. So im not quite that person that is waking you up. . . At least not yet. :D
Er, I'm aware that you being in the U.S.[?] & me being in England, it's probably impossible that it's you that wakes me up, sorry, jk., "rattling through" means speeding through, I'm sure your doesn't rattle, oh, & by the way, it's a narrow country road, I sleep in my bedroom with the windows open, 20 feet from the road,...hey, only trying to keep it light, like you, you'll make a great member. I'm sure, serious enough to tackle the nitty-gritty, & with a witty side, good combination :D

~mr mixx~ said:
i know your probably already set to get the 15" sub, and what ever else you had in mind, but if i were you i would just go with 1.. 18" sub. that will be somewhere between 800 to 1000 watts stable into 2-ohms or 1-ohm. it will be the best way to go if you decide to get a second amp and put both amps in a push/pull configure.

also the 18" sealed would sound good, but to get that more deep bass, i would go with a ported box. you are correct to say that if it's not ported right, it will sound like shiiat.
ur right. i am pretty set on getting a 15". i already got a good deal on a type-r with a custom ported box = $225 shipped.

and 18" is way too much for me. i was actually thinking of just getting 1 12". so 15 is more than i need.

but i like ur idea or geting a second amp later. but this is my first system. and i dont wanna take it too far. and im coming off stock speakers (w/amp) so any sub would be good for me.

Back
Top Bottom