Intel's quad-core Core 2

Yeah, Alan Wake is heavily multithreaded, meaning you'll need a dual-core for quad-core to run it. It might be possible for single cores, but you'll probably get waves of lag even on lowest settings.

I think I'll wait two more years before I upgrade to 45nm with Intel's Nehalem core. :D 2008 baby! Becides, I'll probably buy an Xbox 360 and seeing that Alan Wake is Games for Windows and Xbox 360 exclusive...:D

alvino said:
Yeah, Alan Wake is heavily multithreaded, meaning you'll need a dual-core for quad-core to run it. It might be possible for single cores, but you'll probably get waves of lag even on lowest settings.

I think I'll wait two more years before I upgrade to 45nm with Intel's Nehalem core. :D 2008 baby! Becides, I'll probably buy an Xbox 360 and seeing that Alan Wake is Games for Windows and Xbox 360 exclusive...:D
If you ask me, its A smart way to use your Dual or Quad core.

Yeah, of course it is. It's just those poor single-core users will be out of luck.

alvino said:
Yeah, of course it is. It's just those poor single-core users will be out of luck.
lol, unless there overclocked to 10ghz ;) or 500ghz (IBM)

Umm..no. There is no processor that can achieve 10Ghz, much less 500Ghz.

alvino said:
Umm..no. There is no processor that can achieve 10Ghz, much less 500Ghz.
lol rember Tomshardware Intel @ 5GHZ, they got it to 10Ghz (from what I heard), and I made a thread on the 500ghz IBM cpu

They got it past 5Ghz on Liquid Hydrogen. Intel processors lock out at 10Ghz, but you need to factor in things like heat and such.

That thing IBM and GIT did was a transistor, not a full fledged CPU. Also, they had it cooled to about 4.5C higher than Absolute Zero. Yeah, that's a real consumer product right there.

Here, read this before you piss in your pants over a 500Ghz transistor. :p

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060622-7117.html

alvino said:
They got it past 5Ghz on Liquid Hydrogen. Intel processors lock out at 10Ghz, but you need to factor in things like heat and such.

That thing IBM and GIT did was a transistor, not a full fledged CPU. Also, they had it cooled to about 4.5C higher than Absolute Zero. Yeah, that's a real consumer product right there.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060622-7117.html
Ok that was mean

It was a joke. I'm sorry if my humor is dry, but don't need to be anal over it. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom