Intel's quad-core Core 2

that quad core is cool, but out of my price range. A core 2 duo seems good enough for me, if I could afford it I'd definitely get the quad because it's cool :D

Sytheious said:
What a waste. We JUST got Dual-Core to go mainstream and now we have Quad-Cores? Jeeze guys, let the community catch up first!

Core 2 Duo was only ever designed as a stop gap - a quick way for Intel to get back a bit of the market until the Quad core processors came out.

LOL I just bought the new Core 2 Duo. Oh well... Six months - 2 years I'll wait for it to go down to about the same price I bought my Core 2 Duo.

prosser13 said:
Core 2 Duo was only ever designed as a stop gap - a quick way for Intel to get back a bit of the market until the Quad core processors came out.

Not really. Intel COULDN'T put 4 cores of NetBurst on one package. The heat output would be ridiculous. So they had to design Core 2 Duo in order to be able to fit 4 cores on one package.

ownage said:
$2000 price tag RIGHT NOW. $999 in trays of 1000 for the Q6700 upon release. And i'm still using S754 :D

Lol, my computer is still on S478, P4! My laptop is S479, with the Core Duo processor though..

Yeah, Core Duo, and Core 2 Duo should hold you and then some. Quad core is just for enthuasists, theres no need for it right now.

ownage said:
Not really. Intel COULDN'T put 4 cores of NetBurst on one package. The heat output would be ridiculous. So they had to design Core 2 Duo in order to be able to fit 4 cores on one package.
Yea, with 2 Cores runing 2 cores in each core. Can put out alot of heat. Whats your guess on a stock heatsink like 60c?

So far the game called Awake Somthing, can use the Quad Intel core and the game looks real, I mean real like REAL! :)

The video said, One core gets data ready for the GPU, and the other does the Phyics for the game. If you ask me that is smart idea for the game

Alan Wake you mean? With stock cooler, i bet the quad cores will hit 70*C load on stock cooler. With Tuniq Tower 120, overclocked it goes pretty high.

ownage said:
Alan Wake you mean? With stock cooler, i bet the quad cores will hit 70*C load on stock cooler. With Tuniq Tower 120, overclocked it goes pretty high.
yea, man. Am I right, Alan Wake runs 1 dual core with getting data ready for GPU, and the other dual core for Phyics?

Back
Top Bottom