this really ticks me off

Nik00117 said:
Um, Brook one thing i've learned from the mitiary if they did flee in terror and left their post ungrauded then they'd be court marshalled. Military doesn't play BS within its ranks. Secondly off, what if they thought the convey was behind them? Honsetly I feel it was a mistake on both sides. If they did go AWOL I assure you they'd be punished.
Oh, I see, you weren't referring to the torture, because this reply goes off on another tangent, I was in the military police once, so I know about court marshalls, I attended enough, & I agree with you, they should throw the book at them.

As a other has stated I am sure theres a second side to the story as well. Maybe one of the convery drivers yelled out GO GO GO! as they were ambushed... Maybe they went to flank the enemy. IT really depends and I won't judge their actions cause of the mistake that they did.

And no I was not refering to the tortue I was referign to the sloiders "running" off. Most soliders would rather die then get court marsahalled.

Nik00117 said:
Most soliders would rather die then get court marsahalled.

Or so u think. I know that ur father is some kinda military dude, and u have probably met quite many military people. But still u take say a normal marine and put him in a situation where it's court mashall vs. getting killed by a mob of Iraqi rebels, I doubt that many would choose getting killed. Some might say that they are not afraid to die, but unless u have alot of experience from being in a war I don't care what they say. Some of us might think that getting killed isn't so bad (I honestly do) but still I'm pretty sure that when bullets start flying pretty much all of us, if not every single one would be close to xxxxxxxx in our pants.

Nik00117 said:
Most soliders would rather die then get court marsahalled.
You still don't get it, do you?, I told you of my experience, & believe me among the cases that I had to deal with, around 6% [roughly twenty] were in a very similar situation to the soldiers we are concerned with, & everyone chose being court marshalled, fifteen got a dishonourable dischage, the remaining five were considered borderline, & were "deemed fit to resume active duty" one of which was killed a month later, two bought themselves out, & the remainder finished their tour of duty, & returned to England, where as far as I know, they remained, I presume you are in Germany because your father is in the forces, why not ask him his opinion?

My girlfriends father is 68, he just returned from worknig 3 years in Rihad as a civillian contractor... he also served in vietnam.

so he's seen war, and has decided to return to a war zone...

I don't think you can judge the actions or reasonings of any one person based on the actions of others. dfferent people do different things for different reasons.

I know that I'd s**t my pants and get out of there...

correction...
I know I wouldn't join the forces in the first place to get sent there.

The fact is that the video shows the troups abandoning the convoy that they are supposed to be guarding, so people in the convoy subsequently died... there is no getting away from what actually happened, though I'm sure that someone was starting to make up excuses even as they were driving away...

If you read recent news reports the unit's command is saying they did what they were supposed to do. The order is to get out of the kill zone, regroup and return. Unfortunatly it took too long and lives were lost. They were not being cowards. They were following orders. There IS a difference.

Back
Top Bottom