Xbox 360 DVD drive stops spinning!

Kage

Golden Master
I bought an Xbox 360 last night :(

Why the sad face? Well, I bought it with PGR3 and an extra wireless controller for £299. Not bad really, though, after around 30 minutes of play, the howling of the DVD drive stops (i.e, it stops spinning the disc up to read).

It still seems to load fine after this has happened but alot of clicking goes on inside the DVD unit.

Next thing I know, the road dissapears and pop ups start to appear as buildings are slowly loaded. Then, music starts to stick and not play.

This happened last night, so I reset and it did same thing straight away.

This morning though, it was fine for another 30 minutes, and the DVD drive again stopped spinning up.

INTERNET:

Also, it seems like I can't go on the Internet using my NTL set-top box without having to pay an additional fee!!!

I'm not happy :(

Send it back to Microsoft. They'll take care of it.

Also, about your internet, that is weird...

Yeah, I read up on the NTL set top box thing, and I need to pay £5 a month to get a new IP. I tried mirroring the PC details, but it wouldn't let me through.
I may try a router if I can get hold of one.

Yeah, I sent it back, got a new one and got Burnout Legends too, which works fine.
PGR 3 on the other hand still doesn't. Disc read errors all the damn time.

The guy at Game said "they hardly ever are the cause so theres no point replacing that".

...Yeah right.

hahahahahahahahahaha

yayyyyyyy xbox

p.s. have fun paying $200 for the hd-drive..hmmm didnt you guys say the xbox360 would be cheaper than ps3.

^sorry for being a jackass, but i think the xbox fans had it coming being so one-sided and all, their hd-drive costs 4/5 of the wii price. buhahahahah

at least with sony we know what we're getting..disc read errors, possibly unoperational processors.. but hell you can always use wd-40 for the laser and there are 6 spare cpus!!! :D

Oh noes! :rolleyes:

Haha, yeah have fun with your PS3's screwed up Blu-Ray laser diode. ;) Also have fun with your half-assed Cell CPU. IBM has been getting such poor yields on it...pretty shameful. Most of their batches only have 3-4 SPE's operational, even if Sony requires 6 SPE's minumum. Pretty funny seeing Sony place such confidence in their advanced hardware only to see them get bitten in the ass by manufacturing problems and such.

Oh and have fun paying about $60 to $70 for your games. :D Most have been listed as $60 games, but a few like Armored Core 4 are priced at $70 right now.

Hmm...let's see. Oh and PS3 won't have Bioshock, which you'll definately miss out on because it's a very neat game. Considering Irrational Games made System Shock 2, which is highly ranked among the scariest games ever made, you can expect it to be a good game. Haha, and the next Splinter Cell title (rumored to be titled Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Convicted) is exclusively for Xbox 360. That's right. Xbox 360 only. :) Then again, you do have Metal Gear Solid 4, which isn't too shabby.

Haha, and I'm sure Sony's been feeling the heat lately from all those battery recalls. IBM and Lenovo just announced a recall of their batteries which are manufactured by Sony. Hahaha...2006 will definately be known as the "Year of Crappy Sony Batteries and Exploding Laptops." :p

alvino said:

Haha, yeah have fun with your PS3's screwed up Blu-Ray laser diode. ;) Also have fun with your half-assed Cell CPU. IBM has been getting such poor yields on it...pretty shameful. Most of their batches only have 3-4 SPE's operational, even if Sony requires 6 SPE's minumum. Pretty funny seeing Sony place such confidence in their advanced hardware only to see them get bitten in the ass by manufacturing problems and such.

Oh and have fun paying about $60 to $70 for your games. :D Most have been listed as $60 games, but a few like Armored Core 4 are priced at $70 right now.

Hmm...let's see. Oh and PS3 won't have Bioshock, which you'll definately miss out on because it's a very neat game. Considering Irrational Games made System Shock 2, which is highly ranked among the scariest games ever made, you can expect it to be a good game. Haha, and the next Splinter Cell title (rumored to be titled Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Convicted) is exclusively for Xbox 360. That's right. Xbox 360 only. :) Then again, you do have Metal Gear Solid 4, which isn't too shabby.

Haha, and I'm sure Sony's been feeling the heat lately from all those battery recalls. IBM and Lenovo just announced a recall of their batteries which are manufactured by Sony. Hahaha...2006 will definately be known as the "Year of Crappy Sony Batteries and Exploding Laptops." :p

i dont take sony as my child, so you can say whatever about it. even if sony sold crack on the side i wouldnt really care because ps3 is still a better deal than xbox 360...

Then that's your opinion. :) If Sony wasn't so arrogant I would probably give the PS3 a look considering they did have some pretty fun titles for the PS2.

alvino said:

The PS3 is gonna be the worst investment ever. I don't care how good they make it out to be, $70+ for a game is outrageous, so is the price for the PS3 it's self.. I am not submitting to their bullshit.

I want to play bioshock so badly.. good thing i'm a PC Gamer... and speaking of system specific games..

CoD3 wont be on PC.. just consoles... yeah... 360...ps3...Wii...PS2...XBOX1....will all have it.. yet O NOZ... our PCs Are Just NOt PoWerFul 'E Nuff... oh freakin' no zorz..

Honestly, if this is a ploy to get people to move from PCs to consoles, they can just go die in a fire. If that is their attitute on this, I just plain wont buy the game even after I buy my consoles. I don't respect companies who pull this kind of shit, thus they don't deserve my money for their games.

MikeReiner said:
The PS3 is gonna be the worst investment ever. I don't care how good they make it out to be, $70+ for a game is outrageous, so is the price for the PS3 it's self.. I am not submitting to their bullshit.

I want to play bioshock so badly.. good thing i'm a PC Gamer... and speaking of system specific games..

CoD3 wont be on PC.. just consoles... yeah... 360...ps3...Wii...PS2...XBOX1....will all have it.. yet O NOZ... our PCs Are Just NOt PoWerFul 'E Nuff... oh freakin' no zorz..

Honestly, if this is a ploy to get people to move from PCs to consoles, they can just go die in a fire. If that is their attitute on this, I just plain wont buy the game even after I buy my consoles. I don't respect companies who pull this kind of shit, thus they don't deserve my money for their games.

where the hell are you getting $70+ for a ps3 game, the official price is 59.99 exactly like most of the xbox 360 games!!!! xbox fans just make up crap all the time, its getting annoying
even if sony is being arroagant at least they have some right to be they have a big share of the market. id rather have a complete product that is over priced, than a half assed one that costs "less".

Back
Top Bottom