New Xbox 360 with HDMI?

alvino said:
So what if it's external? It's purely for media and all the work is done by the Xbox 360 itself. Microsoft made it external because they want people to have choice. If you want to view HD-DVD movies, then that's for you, if not just leave it as is. Becides, the $200 is a very good deal compared to current HD-DVD players in the market.

Also, the only reason why HDMI is important in the first place is because HDCP requires HDMI to output high-definition content at full resolution.

yes, microsoft being the angel that it is did the external drive because its an "option". personally id rather have it be an internal drive, or at least have the option for having an internal drive, having only an external drive isnt an option, i dont know how you can call one solution an option.

well, "so what" isnt exactly the best justification. Sure I agree that $200 isnt a bad deal for an hd-drive, but add 200 to the amount one paid for the 360 and there you have it a PS3 price.

if the studios start using hdcp some xbox users will be quite screwed, HOWEVER i hope that they dont use hdcp strictly because then id have to buy crap legally.

Well if you want it internal, that's your opinion. It doesn't deny the fact that Microsoft is providing choices for you.

The HD-DVD drive isn't even that, that important to the Xbox 360. It's main focus is gaming, but IF gamers want to view high-defintion content, then they can.

What if Blu-Ray flopped (let's just say IF)? Then you're stuck with no media options other than games using the BD disc because all the studios will have dropped support for Blu-Ray. Of course, this is just a hypothetic question because no one really knows which format will win this format war, and it'll probably take years.

alvino said:
Well if you want it internal, that's your opinion. It doesn't deny the fact that Microsoft is providing choices for you.

The HD-DVD drive isn't even that, that important to the Xbox 360. It's main focus is gaming, but IF gamers want to view high-defintion content, then they can.

What if Blu-Ray flopped (let's just say IF)? Then you're stuck with no media options other than games using the BD disc because all the studios will have dropped support for Blu-Ray. Of course, this is just a hypothetic question because no one really knows which format will win this format war, and it'll probably take years.
if i spent $400 on a game system, and so much more on a tv, hell it better play hd movies!! :D

i wish microsoft had waited a couple of months and

Personally, I could care less. Sure, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray have very crisp and high-resolutions, but they have so many glitches and what not to smooth out. I think I'll wait a year or two for the new formats to mature before buying. DVD's are still a very capable format at a cheap price.

alvino said:
Personally, I could care less. Sure, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray have very crisp and high-resolutions, but they have so many glitches and what not to smooth out. I think I'll wait a year or two for the new formats to mature before buying. DVD's are still a very capable format at a cheap price.

half the times the manufacturers just complain about high costs, while they rip off customers with premium prices. the best thing about third world countries is piracy... ;)

Yeah, but pirated copys aren't always the best. ;) My friend's dad went to Taiwan for a business trip and he got Bruce Almighty months before it game out and it was super cheap (cost about $1.99 when converted to USD). Too bad it was skippy like hell, the sound was crap and the subtitles were completely off. Not to mention the cheesy and fake packaging they use. :p

yeah, the world of piracy is far more flooded with options than the legal outlets are. one should only buy movies after the first few copies appear on the market, generally the first ones are super crap. i remember when i got batman begins, the audio was so low that i couldnt hear anything, and it skipped over a big part of the movie.

games are even worse, you have to get a mod chip which essentially means you warranty is void, this is only bad for customers from countries that major companies recognize. for example pakistan isnt on a single tech website, if you have a ps there....no warranty regardless of sticker packaging whatever. big companies complain about piracy when there is no customer service in half of the world. there is no way in hell im paying 59.99 or even 49.99 for any game, cant wait for the ps3 mod chip.

Haha, I prefer to help support all those developers that invested their time and work into making those games. I usually buy three or four games and as I beat them or get bored of them I trade them in and get other games instead. Or I just buy used games. Chances are they work fine, and some places like GameCrazy offer even better coverage warranties on used games compared to new games. :)

yeah, developers can go S**K it. half of them would do the same if they were in our shoes. also they're making enogh money as it is. they only thing i feel bad about is screwing adobe over so much, i really appreciate their software, but $1000 can buy a lot of things. autodesk can also go screw because $7000 for software like maya and 3dstudio max is too much.

used games are definetly great.

Well it depends on the developer. If it's from EA, then I'll just pirate it. They're not worth my money. If it's from a honest and hardworking company like VALVe or Ubisoft, I wouldn't mind spending the money. Also, those programs from Adobe and such are expensive, but you do need to realize how much work goes into those programs. It's not like they jimmy up something and set it at a ridiculous price.

Personally I think any game from EA isn't worth the money. They're just so set on bringing in the profits that all their products have gone to crap. Look at the Battlefield series. Battlefield 1942 was awesome when it was completely under DICE. Now that EA has finally acquired DICE, I'm not even going to buy Battlefield 2142. Another good example is EA's acquisition of Westwood Studios a while back. Command & Conquer is easily one of the best RTS series ever, with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. After EA came in, Generals was decent and Zero Hour was crap. Now Command & Conquer is all but unheard of. So far Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars looks okay, but I wouldn't be suprised if EA screwed it up once again.

I can't help but feel that EA will acquire Crytek (developers of FarCry and Crysis). It was a dumb move on Crytek's part to drop Ubisoft as the publisher, and inevitably they'll pay the price. Theres a rumor that EA will acquire Crytek though, and if that happens, I can almost guarantee that they'll fcuk up Crysis.

Back
Top Bottom