slave drive problem. lots of important files need to get to

wildacex187

Solid State Member
hi guys. i would just like to thank anybody that can help me out with this problem. here it goes:

i recently re-installed windows on my computer. before i did though i went in and deleted the partition from both drive (dunno why i did that, i dont remember doing that before). i dont remember if i created a partion in the slave or not but when i go into windows finally i went into my computer to transfer some files onto my master drive but when i double click on the slave it asked me to reformat. now im not an expert but i think that means everything will be erased. i tried everything i know to see if i can get it to work but nothing i know works. a friend told me that the files might be there and that if i dont write anything onto that drive that they wont get deleted.

can anybody help me recover these files. there are very important school files, financial and personal. pls guys guide me in the right direction

If you reformatted the drive the files will be gone forever. But if you haven't, you can get an undelete program and direct it towards that drive and it will find the files that are on the drive.

well u did delete the partition, so u might not get everything back. But u haven't overwritten anything (by reformatting) so that program posted above might work.

ok ok i downloaded a program called active partition recovery 5.0. it actually found all the files but for me to recover it i need to buy the full program. can anybody help me find a program that will recover the files for free or can provide me with a name and serial#, if they have paid for it of course :). undelete doesnt even detect my slave

Back
Top Bottom