umm which linux should i use

try simplymepis its easy and is a good replacement of windows.i would also suggest that if your new to linux try the live cds first till you learn alil bit.

~mr mixx~ said:
you can check out the the homepage --> here

it's against the forum rules to post a direct link to a URL. YOU HAVE TO TYPE OUT THE URL FOR ALL TO SEE...or at least that is what i keep getting told by you MODS...

kevkid said:
but which linux can i use to replace my windows xp? as in i can put it on the hardrive and let it be my main operating system

Ya can set up a dual boot aswell if ya want, ive got server 2003 and ubuntu on my 2nd laptop

systeq said:
it's against the forum rules to post a direct link to a URL. YOU HAVE TO TYPE OUT THE URL FOR ALL TO SEE...or at least that is what i keep getting told by you MODS...

since when is it against thr rules to put in a url into a thread with here , instead of the whole url ? i have been doing it since i joined and way before that, so i think you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

~mr mixx~ said:
since when is it against thr rules to put in a url into a thread with here , instead of the whole url ? i have been doing it since i joined and way before that, so i think you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

If i remeber right we have been told here to only link full URL's

Completly different kettle of fish...

You linked to your ebay auction, just a cmoplete link with no description of the product...

if you had described the product and then provided a link to ebay as a supposably secure place to sell your stuff that'd have been fine..

hence why your second post, where you actually detail the items and then link is still intact...

~mr mixx~ linked to linux.org, a non profit site that he's not affiliated...
would you suggest it's against the rules to link to gogle.com if someone asked about search engines?

what is aganist the rules, is like you did in your first post, just providnig a link with no description.

or what is against the rules is if you had your own Linux forum and were trying to direct people there to get answers for questions that were posted here...

to cut a lnog story short...

usnig URLs to try to direct traffic to your site away from this site = bad.
providing a URL with no description = bad...

providnig a description with a link so that they can read further, (no matter how the link is presented, (ful URL or chopped as a linked word) = good...

there is no specific Rule against this... it's just interperatation of what valid advertising is.

anyway... there is no need to start an argument about it...

~mr mixx~ said:
brookfield told you to put in the full url because of the e-bay site , and if you have a problem with me, you can PM me.

i have a problem with your choice of words, however that was last week, so whatever

Back
Top Bottom