New and in need of help

All right, try your best to get that XP cd it will make a world of difference for you.

anyway back to the memory errors,
When are you getting the errors, how often do they happen, what exactly do the error messages say?

I'm not sure exactly what it says, but its somewhere in the neighborhood of 'Windows can not perform the selected task because of insufficent memory. Try closing some programs and trying again'

I think thats about it, i'm sorry i dont' remember exact phrasing, can't remember my age half the time.

BUT! now my floppys reading... *confused*

I'm running that memory test thing, thats how i know my floppys reading. And so far so good, but should it take so long? its been running for an hour and a half now...

foolinthemoon said:
I'm not sure exactly what it says, but its somewhere in the neighborhood of 'Windows can not perform the selected task because of insufficent memory. Try closing some programs and trying again'

I think thats about it, i'm sorry i dont' remember exact phrasing, can't remember my age half the time.

BUT! now my floppys reading... *confused*

I'm running that memory test thing, thats how i know my floppys reading. Andso far so good, but should it take so long? its been running for an hour and a half now...

Let that memory test finish running, see what it comes up with.
And see if you can locate some of that RAM, like setishock said that type of memory is rare, but it can be found

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-2-64MB-...ryZ11152QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that is a buy it now item as well, i usually dont reccommend using e-bay
for computer parts but for your case i made an exception, anyway you can search e-bay for PC600 RAM and see what you can find, and remember RAMBUS memory needs to be installed in pairs.

Good Luck.

Hey, Can someone tell me if i got this right?
The MemTest seems that it's testing 108k at a time, and there's 256MB It's tested 27 sectors(?) so far, and it's been testing for 6 hours so far. according to how long its taken so far it will take 512 hours TOTAL to finish, or am i misunderstanding? can someone tell me WHY it may be taking so long...? is this right? don't mean to complain, so far you guys have been GREAT, it just doesnt' seem like it should take so long... i dont' know that i want to wait 21 days, but i haven't stopped it in hope that it'll gain a burst of speed or something.

i tried to run it overnight, but we had a pretty rough storm and it knocked me out at some point and time, however, my computers acting better, i'm even back on the internet.... could it be i just needed to jiggle the ram? I'll be on it tomorrow, almost all day trying to make a msg pop up or something, see if its really better...

Back
Top Bottom