AMD vs INTEL

Spec

Fully Optimized
How come most intel p4 processors are around 3.0ghz? And AMD's are only in the 2.0 range? But there basicly the same speed? Is this because AMDS have shorter pipelines, so data has to travel a shorter distance, and they dont need the higher clock speed? So that means intels are longer? Well im not sure, but someone please tell me :)

Its nothing that technical, its just that AMD and intel have different numbering systems

no, spec is correct. Amd cpus have shorter pipelines and more effective desing, no they do more calculations per once cycle. So they can archieve the same amount of calculations with a smaller clock speed. Though the new intel doesn't require a high clock speed to be effective.

mammikoura said:
no, spec is correct. Amd cpus have shorter pipelines and more effective desing, no they do more calculations per once cycle. So they can archieve the same amount of calculations with a smaller clock speed. Though the new intel doesn't require a high clock speed to be effective.

Wow that explaned it very well to me, thanks alot man, rep point +, i thought i was right on the Shorter pipelines part, and the desing..but not sure about other parts.

mammikoura said:
umm yes they do.

Yeah Dual Core speeds do make a difference, dual core 5000+ WELL Out perforums a 3800+ Dual Core from AMD, same with INTEL products.

Back
Top Bottom