Question about Windows

gangster

BSOD
My stepfather computer all ready had windows xp installed on it when he bought it because aol gave him the computer so he didn't have to install windows xp because it was all ready installed on his computer. So is it still safe for me to install windows xp on my mother computer even though his computer all ready had xp installed on it. I still can use the windows xp disc that came with his computer right ? I mean cant I still use the windows xp disc for my mother computer because his computer all ready had window xp installed so is it still safe for me to install windows xp on my mother computer because I am so sick of windows 98. :)

yes, it would be safe to install xp on your mother's cpu. As long as its not the same version of XP...does that make sense? Like you can't buy one copy of XP and put it on two computers, MS gets a little upset at that.

However, you might want to look at your mom's cpu to make sure it can run XP...it shouldn't be that much of a difference however, older comps might have a little hard time running XP.

i notice your quite repetitive in your paragraph...kinda hard 2 read.

dispite that. yes you can use the XP disk that came with your dads computer but you need a different cd-key to activate it, which is required. the key is the expensive part of windows xp, not the disk. you can try calling microsoft if the key doesn't work and ask them for another but thats not very good.

dorfman said:
yes, it would be safe to install xp on your mother's cpu. As long as its not the same version of XP...does that make sense? Like you can't buy one copy of XP and put it on two computers, MS gets a little upset at that.

However, you might want to look at your mom's cpu to make sure it can run XP...it shouldn't be that much of a difference however, older comps might have a little hard time running XP.

Lolz eef that. Trust me I have formated one disk of Windows XP. IDC if this is illigal advice, but it needs to be said. If you are going to pay $200.00 for an OS when Linux (Open source) is out there you should be able to put it on more than one system. Microsoft blows, but I'll be the first to say I do use XP, but barely. I cusomized it so much that it pretty much could be called open source. Anyways I have this memorized down to the voice of the instructor. Here it gose:

1) A machine will pick up and ask you what you are trying to register
2) Tell it the numbers, that it instructs you (NOTE they will probley never find the actual code to give you)
3) Once it can't find the right activation code then you must be transfered to some guy you can't understand (He's a guy named Rick, and you know his name is not Rick, and you know he's not from the US because of his heavy accent from India.)
4) As he is looking up your activation code he will ask "Have you used this disk on anyother system in your home"...Heres the main part SAY NO! It's not like your going to mass produce it and spam the cd-key, and if you do I admit that is very wrong of you.
5) He will say thank you, and give you your activation key.

I'm sorry if thats illigal, but seirosly the OS is 200 dollars and they excpect you to pay that for each PC in your house. Thats redicules to the common household person. Also sorry about three if you find that racist I'm not It's just so funny when they say that you are being transfered to the someone and you get someone that you can barely understand. I just want to say that I have not once got a person that had an English, or Generic United States accent, or no accent at all. I always get someone that you can tell they were from Japan, China, India, or even Russia

LambOfGod said:
(i personally would have AT LEAST 128Mb ram , otherwise xp is just downright doggy)

good luck :cool:

Notice how i CAPITALIZED the AT LEAST part of that statement,

yea i agree he should go more if he could , Ram is cheap.

But so are alot of people.

LambOfGod said:

Actualy most people I know NEVER go cheap on there computers. Personally I would never go cheap on anything RAM, CPU, GPU, Sound Card, ect...

Anyways 768 will get you through XP without a problem. 512 your pushing it. Minimum requirements, don't mean crap to most software.

LambOfGod said:

Lol, I know bud, I know, 128MB RAM with Windows, is not a nice experience lol

Noxious020189 said:
Actualy most people I know NEVER go cheap on there computers. Personally I would never go cheap on anything RAM, CPU, GPU, Sound Card, ect...

Anyways 768 will get you through XP without a problem. 512 your pushing it. Minimum requirements, don't mean crap to most software.

really wow you must live in a rich town, i know ALOT of people who ARE CHEAP,

and personally i dont go cheap on parts, but i DEFINETLY dont take out a loan for parts.

Back
Top Bottom