Can't uninstall some programs...

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
Hey, while trying to uninstall some programs (WinDVD7, other stuff I forgot), I get this error:

uninstallbi5.jpg

What can I do?

I found this on google, maybe it will help too:

Problem
When installing the software, I get the error "iKernal.exe:(0x10000)". How do I get round this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description
This is an unknown issue with the install software.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solution
This problem can normally be solved by rebooting your PC and then running the installation again. If you receive a dialog asking you if you want to Repair, Modify or Remove the application, choose the Remove option. Wait until the installation has finished removing the software, and then run the installation another time. The software should then get installed correctly. Note: The "iKernal" error will be displayed if more than one copy of the installation is being run at the same time. Check that there are no copies of InstallShield being run before attempting the installation again. If this doesn't work, then put the setup in the root of the drive and try running it. The problem can sometimes be attibutes to long filenames.

Found also this:

Problem: When installing xxxxx on Windows, the setup program sometimes crashes and the following error message displays:
Error installing iKernal.exe: (0x10000)
Workaround: To resolve the problem, do one of the following:
- Reboot the machine.
- Run setup again.
- Run the installation from a local drive on the system, such as C:\ or D:\ and not an NFS mounted drive.

Try downloading a Disk Cleanup program that you can just drag and drop folders into delete them. Thats how i got rid of all the trojans i had.

Back
Top Bottom