CPU Max Temperatures

I've seen Core 2 Duos at 70*C. They have run benchmarks perfectly fine. I'm saying that Intel temperatures are NOT accurate. User created boundries are what i go by. Trying to keep a Core 2 Duo at 60*C is very difficult with the stock cooling, let alone overclocked with water.

Haha, Maximum PC's X6800 ran fine for hours under stress testing even with their Zalman CNPS9500-Cu's fan unplugged. :) Completely passive.

Why is this a sticky? :confussed:

Anywho, those temps seem legit. I know that P4s go take MASSIVE heat temps, I've personally gotten mine to 82C before, not fun. But yeah. If an old Pentium 4 can run functionally at 82C then a Core 2 Duo can at least go up to 90C, with all the new technologies put into it, it doesn't surprise me if it could function at those temps.

Haha, well depends where you have it. :p Most people don't really use laptops on their laps anymore...

ownage said:
I'm pretty sure surface temp CANNOT be 100*C. That is ridiculous.
core 2 will run cooler,yes maybe 2 to 4*c stock difference, not what some people say in forums,Like my pc is running at 21*C ..Yes i believe that the most.maybe with a water pumper not on air.I run at full heavy duty gaming and my pc will not go over 51*C,At thats with a lot of years of experience doing mods.

great job on getting the info. going over everything it all seem lagit. somethign i wish intel mentioned was weather or not stock cooling or aftermarket cooling was used.

this is all part of the reason i like the zalman cpu fans. air cooling, but it keeps the proc cool under tramendous stress.

Back
Top Bottom