phone directory at my house???

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
how can i make it so it plays a recording and then goes "for johns room, press 1. for living room, press 2 etc..."

how do i do that? any special phone server or anything?

You need a telecommunications box, and more than one phone line..that'l set you back, aboutt..$250..

What do you mean? To have that, Press 1 for john's room, 2 for living room, you need seperate lines, as in...example..

(main phone number):Line 1
(main phone number):Line 2
(main phone number):Line 3

It's too much fuss, too expensive, and quite frankly, not worth it..

I helped set it up at work, but we use a computer as well..because the phones need to be linked to the computers, and the GSS maps..starts to get really complicated..

cuz u know how u call different companies, and its like "press one for customer service, and press 2 to be totally screwed over"

well something like that.

or at school we have a thing where you type the extension and it goes to the correct phone. hows that possible?

With phone commincation boxes, and telephone switches, there is no point having it at home..and you need training to set them up, they are really complicated..

You need several phone lines, a server, switch boxes, and multiple connection phones, which are expensive in themselves..no household has these..

john123 said:
how can i make it so it plays a recording and then goes "for johns room, press 1. for living room, press 2 etc..."

how do i do that? any special phone server or anything?

You need a PBX (Priviate Buisness Exchange). This allows you to do what you want. However these are generally fed by leased lines such as T1's and ISDN. Their are also newer VOIP PBX's available.

I'll post a pic of my PBX.

EDIT: This is the school's PBX, high end ones are generally made by nortel. My PBX is half the size and can handle 144 phones with 24 calls at the same time.

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10002727lx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom