Back from a tiny incident...

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Hey, guys... I'm back. Guess what happened to lucky me!
My retention bracket broke one day and my Freezer64 pro was literally dangling off my CPU... Thank God I caught it, cause if you've ever seen one for real they're massive, pretty heavy too. That would not have been good for my GPU if it decided to take the fall. Anyway, the paste held it on there, so I took everything off and cleaned up the paste, put on some AS5 compound, and threw on a Thermalright AM2 rev.B bracket and it fits very similarly to the 939 bracket, much better than the 2-clip stock AM2 bracket.

Anyway, I just got it fixed and I'm happy to be back on a computer after 4 oh-so-long days so I thought I would post this. In other news, I ordered a Sunbeam Meteorlight LED neon bar and a LAN carrying strap and I'm headed to my first LAN party this weekend with my brother (THEpiGUY) and the AU gamers club to play some Counter-Strike. It should be a lot of fun. I'll probably post some pics of my new lighting here once I get done. I'm a very happy person today. :D

Erm yea that would of sucked a lot of balls if that happened. I could only hop my BIOS would detect the sharp CPU temp raise and shutdown PC immeditialely.

I'm glad you managed to fix it up. If it fell, it could have killed your GPU, maybe your CPU too.

Yeah, I know... no telling what could have happened. I do have PC Probe though, so I have alarms set on CPU and mobo temps.

D-Lew said:
Hey, guys... I'm back. Guess what happened to lucky me!
My retention bracket broke one day and my Freezer64 pro was literally dangling off my CPU... Thank God I caught it, cause if you've ever seen one for real they're massive, pretty heavy too. That would not have been good for my GPU if it decided to take the fall. Anyway, the paste held it on there, so I took everything off and cleaned up the paste, put on some AS5 compound, and threw on a Thermalright AM2 rev.B bracket and it fits very similarly to the 939 bracket, much better than the 2-clip stock AM2 bracket.

Anyway, I just got it fixed and I'm happy to be back on a computer after 4 oh-so-long days so I thought I would post this. In other news, I ordered a Sunbeam Meteorlight LED neon bar and a LAN carrying strap and I'm headed to my first LAN party this weekend with my brother (THEpiGUY) and the AU gamers club to play some Counter-Strike. It should be a lot of fun. I'll probably post some pics of my new lighting here once I get done. I'm a very happy person today. :D

I understood a few english words in there, but more of it was spanish and a few random chinese words in there. good grief! :p

Translated:
A piece of my computer broke and it was really bad. I fixed it. I also got a bag to carry the computer in and a light for the inside.

Is that better? lol

sounds about right, my case came with a handle on top and i just put a bunch of lights in it, but only a couple of my friends have half-decent computers so no lan parties for me anytime soon :mad:

Back
Top Bottom