Downgrading XP to 98 or ME ???????

I poped in the 98 disk and booted from that, It then asked me if I wanted to deleate the space used on the harddrive. Should I deleate that and install 98? With win xp I dont have to find any drivers, with 98 I bet I have to dl drivers for it, whats the best way to figure out what drivers I will need?

Eighty8lx50 said:
I poped in the 98 disk and booted from that, It then asked me if I wanted to deleate the space used on the harddrive. Should I deleate that and install 98? With win xp I dont have to find any drivers, with 98 I bet I have to dl drivers for it, whats the best way to figure out what drivers I will need?

Is your computer custom built or pre-bought? If its custom built, all the drivers you need should have came with the parts that you installed. Otherwise, if your computer is pre-bought. Go to the website of the computer manufacture, and research the drivers for your computer. And depending on how old your computer is, you might have to find the Win98 counterpart to the drivers you need.

Its a friends old pentium 3 pc, It looks custom built, All it says on it is Datel systems. So should I deleate the used space in the 98 setup?

Back
Top Bottom