For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

I don't think you can take the wildness from a dog. One thing may happen that we may never know that causes the dog to snap and just bite stuff. Sometimes they may never snap but there's always the possibility.

But, yeah, probably bigger dogs have more of a tendancy to be aggresive just because that's the way they are.

PCNoob said:
I don't think you can take the wildness from a dog. One thing may happen that we may never know that causes the dog to snap and just bite stuff. Sometimes they may never snap but there's always the possibility.

But, yeah, probably bigger dogs have more of a tendancy to be aggresive just because that's the way they are.
Yeah thats true.

I see your point, but whether they are guard dogs or not, they should never be owned by people with babies, small children or elderly relatives, there was a case once of a woman in her eighties that was bitten so badly on the leg by a rottweiler, that her lower leg had to be amputated, she was manipulating her wheelchair around her daughter-in-law's house, when she bumped the dog, she died three months later in hospital from shock
They wern't owned by the people with the baby... they were owned by the people who owned the pub.. the people with the baby were the landlords kids who were looking after the place whilst they were on holiday...
it was their baby, (landlords grandchild) that was attacked and killed by the dogs.

Just as Mark said before me though, you have to put this in perspective, you cannot say that all rotweilers are dangerous, or all pitbulls are dangerous, and then let dogs that are more troublesome in terms of their temproment go about unhindered.

PCNoob said:

I may be incorrect, but aren't all dogs descended from wolves? so it might be "race" memory, incidentally the English bulldog hasn't always looked that way, the Victorians bred them like that, so they could maintain a grip on a bull, & some say the Spanish are cruel!

indeed.. different dogs are breed for different things...

American Pitbulls were pretty much bred to be agressive as fighting dogs.
rotweilers werebred in roman times as army dogs.

They have got to be the ugliest breed of dog ever, why someone would want one is beyond me.

Collies, now those are beautiful dogs.

Stop Press; Yet another has come to light, on TV it said a third child was bitten, again by a Rottweiler it happened just before the other two, & facts have emerged that from 2002 when the dangerous dogs act was introduced, over 600 were injured by dog bites, around 3 a week! it didn't mention deaths, so I'm presuming that the recent one was the first.

i have worked rotweilers at the animal sanctuary, and never felt threatened with them, the worst incident i have had, involving dogs, up there was a collie cross, that was the one and only time i have been attacked by a dog up there, and that was pretty nasty too.. nothing deep, just alot of blood.. but i have never been even growled at by the rotties we have had up there..

now, these all happened to kids.. i have seen small kids around animals, they tend to grab at things such as eyes, ears, noses, things like that.. how do you know that the animal was not provoked, or in pain when it bit them?

bertdeniro.jpg

your calling this an ugly dog?? personally, i love the way they look, beautiful animals..

ill reply better when ive got more time..

Pit's, Dobi's and Rot's are bred with one intent. To be the meanest, strongest, most vicious four legged animals on the face of the planet. The breeds should be eradicated. More children have been killed by the unpredictability of these breeds.
Here in the southeastern US these breeds are looked at as overly aggressive, totally unpredictable nuisances. They have been inbred for so long in the belief that it keeps the line pure that no one has taken in to account it also has made them crazy as loons. For the most part breeders want them to be crazy and mean for the gambling pit where dogs fight to the death. Then the winner gets taken home to play with the kids and the owners wonder why it just ripped his kid's face off.
As for the temperament testing that's a load of crap. I could look you in the eyes tell you what you wanted to hear and later kill you without a moments hesitation. In the case of a dog it will look at you and slobber all over you making you think it's just all great and wonderful, then kill you without the slightest provocation.

So mark there's nothing wrong with having an opinion about what you think is right and wrong with these breeds. BUT You will find the majority will not agree with you.

mark thorpe said:
i have worked rotweilers at the animal sanctuary, and never felt threatened with them, the worst incident i have had, involving dogs, up there was a collie cross, that was the one and only time i have been attacked by a dog up there, and that was pretty nasty too.. nothing deep, just alot of blood.. but i have never been even growled at by the rotties we have had up there..

now, these all happened to kids.. i have seen small kids around animals, they tend to grab at things such as eyes, ears, noses, things like that.. how do you know that the animal was not provoked, or in pain when it bit them?
I know you love dogs, I presume you mean the 600, no, I don't know about them, I was just quoting statistics, the main reason I revived this thread was because of thebaby's killing, & the other child's wounding, I accept that it isn't the dogs fault most of the time, but the point remains that something has to be done, putting down likely dogs is not a solution, educating owners is only partially successful, people are careless, they leave doors open, muzzles off, leads off etc, it's very difficult I know, but there must not be any more deaths!

Back
Top Bottom