Problem

X1337

Fully Optimized
My dads computer, he told me it starts up and it shows the normal screen (The Compaq screen) than it just shows a blank screen with a line.. And nothing happens. Im going to look at it but what do you think can be the problem?

Well, first off, when did the problem start happening? What was he doing on the computer last? That's usually the best way to start solving a problem.

yeah wait.. isn't there a thread about how you were leaving?.. haha welcome back x1337.

It was not a thread about him leaving, it was thread for attention.

BTW, yes, it probably is the hard drive, the same thing happened to my dads old HP. By old I mean around 7 years old, so the hard drive had served its time.

Turns out that there was a underoath CD, and the BIOS tryed to boot to the C.D 3 times. Than it would say "cant find disk", I think my bro messed around with the options :D

UK31337 said:
Thought you'd left?
Nah, just for fun why did you though I left? lol people though I was going to leave but DJ-Chris got to some how to get me back

I found out the fan / heatsink was very dusty and the thermal past was so messed up. I put my custom and I got 44c on full load

Are you sure the speeds aren't locked at 33/66? :D

Anywho...

Always check ths BIOS, if nothign happens after the BIOS, either your SysConfig file got corrupted, or it's the BIOS and there's a malfunctions. Either way, the problem could be one of VERY many different things. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom