Over Heation?

dorfman

In Runtime
Hey all, i am new to this forum, pretty much i googled computer forums and here i am. Anyways...

I got a new cpu its an hp4200+ with the AMD 64x2 processor and 2 gig of ram. I have one fan on the back, and one on the processor obviously. It runs at about 40Degress Celisus..

However, being a gamer i and them giving me a shabby graphics card i want to upgrade it to the BFG Nvida 7950 GT. Naturally I'll also have to get a new PSU, and i am looking at the BFG 650watt... i am concerned with it getting overheated, will i have to muliate my case and put more fans in it, I.E Jerry-rig a fan to the side panel, or should i just get a new case?

Thanks for the help..

No no, you don't need a new case. You will just add the PSU and Video card and it will be fine.

Welcome To Computer Forums

Welcome-12-june.gif

believe it or not, that's the same way i found this place also, been here ever since...enjoy posting here.

PSU will have it's own cooling, dont be swayed by just the advertised wattage as this can be VERY deciving. Look at the amperage on the rails, especially the 12V+ rails, you'll want something with 20-21A and dual 12V+ rails

*Edit- Almost forgot, welcome, I got here the same way you did, through Google

how hot will it run with the new video card, and psu or will the psu cooling be sufficent?

The built in cooling on the PSU should be fine, try to find one with a 120mm fan, it'll push/pull more air and run quieter

Back
Top Bottom