Google Web Accelerator

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
I was wondering if anyone has used google's web accelerator yet and i was wondering how it worked? Is there any downsides to it?

Dunno. The sites I usually download things from give me pretty fast speeds already.

alvino said:
Dunno. The sites I usually download things from give me pretty fast speeds already.
same for me i was just wondering wut it's all about, maby it's just more for the dial up folks

prosser13 said:
Mike - if you'd bother searching for it, it says that it is designed for Broadband.
all i want to know is if anyone has used it before and has any comments

I've used it before. I don't see that much of a difference in it. It has a little bit of a speed improvement but nothing too spectacular in my opinion.

i just downloaded it and tried it, but observed no difference. even under the "performace" view where it showed you how much time you saved...mine was 0.0 minutes. i uninstalled it,,,plus, when i uninstalled it, it left a bunch of junk behind which i had to edit the registry to get it all out!! i advise against it.

It helps on a few sites, it helps on google.com it helped on wikipedia and myspace a little bit but it said it only saved like 2 seconds. I decided it wasn't all that it's advertised to be and got rid of it after like 15 minutes. I also had to delete some registry stuff too but nothing ccleaner couldn't fix :)

Back
Top Bottom