Clock Speed

error75

Baseband Member
I'm full of questions. I checked my system info during the setup part of the startup process. It says my maximum is 2.00 ghz, but it says my current speed is 1.00 ghz. Is that how it's suppose to read?

Well is this for laptop, or desktop. Because for some laptops they underclock when unplugged from the charger.

Noxious020189 said:
Well is this for laptop, or desktop. Because for some laptops they underclock when unplugged from the charger.

*slaps forehead* Laptop, I didn't even think about that. Thanks man.

The mobile technology is making power efficiency to the CP in order to contain max battery life. So, it will or may underclock. You can revert it back if you change the power options, but I wouldn't do it. On power plug though, it should have gained back all it's power.

lhuser said:
The mobile technology is making power efficiency to the CP in order to contain max battery life. So, it will or may underclock. You can revert it back if you change the power options, but I wouldn't do it. On power plug though, it should have gained back all it's power.

I agree with that, but I still want to say that I would do it if you plan just to use it for school and then come home and charge it. I love to have all my power behind my CPU, and I personaly don't have a laptop but I would set it to use full power causE I know it would last my couple of hours and then I can charge it in the eveneing. The only thing I don't recomend that is if your paying the electric bill ;)

True, but on some of them, the power needed are big guys for the batteries, so it's not always recommended. And as for the bill, the AC plug is around 27V while a normal PSU would take 30-40V.

Back
Top Bottom