DirectX 10 + 1900XT

ownage said:
I don't think 250W as there is a specification of power draw for PCI-E that caps it off at 200W (or maybe lower) for the 6 pin plug and from the connector itself.

High-end video cards tend to draw power directly through the PSU, not the PCI-E slot. But now that cards are eating even more power, you'll see more and more external or secondary PSUs designed to power GPU's because they simply use so much power, especially in a dual-video card solution like SLI or CrossFire. :)

AGAIN, i say that the cards WILL NOT DRAW MORE THAN 200W. They have to comply with PCI-E specifications. PCI-E 2.0 will allow more power draw, but as of now, no more than 200W.

alvino said:
High-end video cards tend to draw power directly through the PSU, not the PCI-E slot. But now that cards are eating even more power, you'll see more and more external or secondary PSUs designed to power GPU's because they simply use so much power, especially in a dual-video card solution like SLI or CrossFire. :)

No more than 200W including the 6pin. And external psus are unnecessary with Zippy PSUs or any high end server grade psu manufacturer.

Yeah, I know they're unnecessary, but you know ThermalTake's marketing strategies. :rolleyes: SOMEONE is bound to fall for it. :p

EDIT>>> Why are you away on AIM and on here? Shouldn't you be doing homework?! :eek:

My money in on NVIDIA to produce the better card. Typically I'd sway towards ATi, but with NVIDIA's innovation as of late, it's really hard NOT to go for them producing the next best card.

I'm for ATI this time. NVIDIA tends to make better budget cards like the 7600 GT. Good bang for the money. ATI usually has the better high-end cards.

Of course, arguing is useless because it depends on the games. :p

alvino said:
Yeah, I know they're unnecessary, but you know ThermalTake's marketing strategies. :rolleyes: SOMEONE is bound to fall for it. :p

EDIT>>> Why are you away on AIM and on here? Shouldn't you be doing homework?! :eek:

haha. I found a quote somewhere, forgot where, it said " Thermaltake is like AIDS, no matter what, it just won't leave" :p

alvino said:
I'm for ATI this time. NVIDIA tends to make better budget cards like the 7600 GT. Good bang for the money. ATI usually has the better high-end cards.

Of course, arguing is useless because it depends on the games. :p

That and noone can even argue which is better anyways. As the cards aren't even out yet. I'm just guessing that it's going to be NVIDIA this time around.

Haha, well it flip-flops everytime, but it's hard to say this time because both companies have extremely salivating hardware. :p

Back
Top Bottom