AMD or Intel

It depends on what as Itaniums dont have much software support. An E6600 would whoop an Itanium @ super pi :p

I think Intel is better to us (Arab) becouse our countries is hot and AMD cant work in hot places :rolleyes:

so....

we want intel :p :p :p

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha, yeah but they also did the Galatin Core! I've seen that around in a new processor recently... and I cannot remember where...

Yeah, well the Northwood and Gallatin were Intel's best back in the day. :) They overclocked high, performed very well and weren't portable heaters.

alvino said:
It's already out. Hella expensive. :(

Doesn't really surprise me. I guess that huge price could potentially translate into high performance in the server world. Speaking of such, that DELL supercomputer should use like 5,000 of these things, see what performance they get out of it. :)

AMD.
Been buying AMD since I started building my computers back in 2000.(but I actually learned how to build pcs when I was about 7 or 8 years old, learned from my dad)
The only chip I could buy from intel is the conroe, i didn't like their past chips.

The Northwood and Gallatin cores were some of Intel's best, and the best of their generation. :) Then Intel came up with the crap that we know as the Prescott, then it got worse until Yonah released, then they got back on track.

c0d3_z3r0 said:
AMD.
Been buying AMD since I started building my computers back in 2000.(but I actually learned how to build pcs when I was about 7 or 8 years old, learned from my dad)
The only chip I could buy from intel is the conroe, i didn't like their past chips.
Yeah, but you gotta admit that the northwood was pretty good for it's time. My dad's 2.4ghz northwood creams that old athlonxp 2400+ you were using. (espescially in hl2/css)

Back
Top Bottom