Scanners - I didn't know they worked like that...

Kage

Golden Master
I have a thought rather than a question...

I have just tried scanning in my Zen Vision M using a flatbed scanner in different angles to carry on my modelling of it in better detail, etc.

Yet, I didn't think for one second the scanner would have the same lens attributes of a camera, since its a flat surface.

Yet, facing it down on the left hand side showed a perspective view on one side more than the other, and so I had to put it down in the middle to get a full flat down view.

Surely, that shouldn't be the case?...

I think it's to do with the light mate. If alot of light is getting in, it can mess up..

Post some pics/screenshots so we know what you mean..

I wish I could. I deleted them, since I figured out the problem, with having to place them in the middle.
I may scan in again later to show you.

Basically though, having it on the left of the scanner showed more of a perspective view than putting it in the middle, and the same with it on the right.

So the scanner uses the same methods as a camera, even though its collecting light in a different way and isn't curved in any shape or form to pick that up.

Its just something I didn't know really. I imagined whereever you put it, facing up or down or whatever, you'd always get a flat down view which can't be achieved with a normal camera, or with your eye.

i.e like a blueprint.

I haven't noticed any curving before to be honest. I would have thought they were straight because the reflection they are reading is straight

Back
Top Bottom