wireless network card

kblueboi

Baseband Member
I hate wireless. My father insisted on installing it at my house and it was terrible. Luckily, I moved out and I was able to go back to using the ethernet cable. Now, I moved again and my new roommate insists on setting up a wireless network. What is the most powerful ethernet card on the market (for a desktop)? I need something that will snatch up the signal and hold it. I hate wireless.

What was so terrible about your wireless experience? As far as suggestions google is you friend, read some reviews see what others have to say about what they've used

mfrostbutter said:
What was so terrible about your wireless experience? As far as suggestions google is you friend, read some reviews see what others have to say about what they've used

Radio interference and long runs are terrible for wifi.

Cisco Aironet cards are damn powerfull (Some of the only 100mw cards).

You also want to worry alot about you're wireless access point / routers. At a sane price I'd recomend Linksys WRT54GL's running DD-WRT.

I've also seen a few 200MW or so cards around.

I use and love D-link for wireless. Hawking (if you can find a place taht sells it) is also a great company for wireless products.

while interferance is an issue with wifi, different brands respond to it all differently, so try a brand, if you don't like it, switch. its kinda like GPU's ATI may work best for you, while NVIDIA is the king for me.

celegorm said:
I use and love D-link for wireless. Hawking (if you can find a place taht sells it) is also a great company for wireless products.

while interferance is an issue with wifi, different brands respond to it all differently, so try a brand, if you don't like it, switch. its kinda like GPU's ATI may work best for you, while NVIDIA is the king for me.

They handle interference basicly the same. All it takes is one moron / @$$wipe to make wireless not very fun anymore.

DJ-CHRIS said:
They handle interference basicly the same. All it takes is one moron / @$$wipe to make wireless not very fun anymore.

you'd be suprised, i've tried linksys, and it had major signal problems in my area. i switched to D-link and have no problems.

dispite that, i still have good things to say about the quality of linksys products.

Back
Top Bottom