ok im a newbe but i still want to learn how to use john the ripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevkid

Baseband Member
can any one please help, member im a newbe so make it simple
i have one problem this is what most tutorals tell me "Go to whatever directory to have JTR in. Type 'john' and press enter. A whole list of options will come up" please help me what is this line exacly telling me
please just tell me what to type in.
thanks

You need to open your Command Prompt and change it to the directory you've got JTR in.

When you've got there, just type in 'john' (without the quotes) at the prompt, and the Command Prompt will bring up the "options", and you'll see them in the command window.

Hope that helps.

but how would i change the directory
in command (not cmd) i type in: cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\My Documents\john171d\JOHN1701\RUN"

and it says: paramiter format not correct - "c:/documents

kevkid said:
but how would i change the directory
in command (not cmd) i type in: cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\My Documents\john171d\JOHN1701\RUN"

and it says: paramiter format not correct - "c:/documents

dos doesnt support spaces in your files/folders. put that file in the root of c:\ or make a folder for it in the root of c:\ so that you can access it from the command prompt (cmd)

UK31337 said:
You need to open your Command Prompt and change it to the directory you've got JTR in.

When you've got there, just type in 'john' (without the quotes) at the prompt, and the Command Prompt will bring up the "options", and you'll see them in the command window.

Hope that helps.

lol, this has to be new. A mod helping someone to hack. (Well actully just helping him to get a program working, but that program is used for cracking passwords)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom