New Intel Pentium processor (Conroe-L)

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I guess Intel Pentium line isn't dead after all. It will be used in Intel's value desktop line and will be built on the new Conroe-L based processors. Unlike Intel's Core 2 Duo Conroe products, the new Conroe-L processors will not carry the Core name. Instead Intel is reviving the Pentium and Celeron brands for Conroe-L based products.

Intel Conroe-L Pentium:

E1060 1.80GHz 800MHz 1MB
E1040 1.60GHz 800MHz 1MB
E1020 1.40GHz 800MHz 1MB

The Pentium Conroe-L lineup will carry the E1000 series processor number. Three Pentium E1000 models will be available initially. These models include the Pentium E1060, E1040 and E1020 clocked at 1.80, 1.60 and 1.40 GHz respectively. All Pentium E1000 series processors will have an 800 MHz front-side bus with 1MB of L2 cache. Intel Enhanced Memory 64 Technology and Execute Disable Bit are the only technologies featured on Pentium E1000 processors. Intel Virtualization, HyperThreading and Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology are not supported.

Yeah, I doubt Intel would abandon the Pentium name. After all it's been their star name for decades. The Conroe-L looks pretty nice...single core though.

My question is will they offer roughly the same performance with the Core microarchitecture and not be another failed line up, somethign the Pentium D 8 series line up was.

If this new Conroe line up has good performance minus the extra core, consider it bought for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom