CPU Max Temperatures

If the Pentium M is at 100*C, it would cause some serious burns, and maybe cause the plastic housing for it to melt. I would say 60*C max for mobile, 65*C max for Core 2 Duo's/P4s w/ aftermarket cooling.

joxley1990 said:
What about the laptop version, Core Duo? Il just go along with the estimates of Pentium D, and Core Duo 2..

For the laptop version of the Core 2 Duo, the thermal specs are at 100 degrees Celsius as well. Same as the Pentium M, hmmm. THey'll probably never, ever get that high seeing how the Core 2 Duo uses less energy.

Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile Processor T7600
http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9SJ

Dude.. Ownage.. Find things that contradict what he is saying and help him so he can edit it.

Dont just bash him.

And yes, I think this is a rather helpfull thread.

And with only two other stickies its not taking up much room.

Intel says 100*C is not in a plastic casing of a laptop. 100*C is just a motherboard sitting in the open with a Pentium M in it. Intel is saying the cpu itself is capable of 100*C before it comepletely destroys itself. But you have to count in thermal throttling. And that happens waaaaay before 100*C. Happens at roughly 70*C. Where the cpu will throttle and will perform horribly. Any processor can handle very high heat, but will the thermal throttling kick in before it? YES IT WILL. I can run my A64 at 1.9V no problem, do i want to? no, i dont, it runs the risk of random reboots and very high temperatures. I've seen people run DDR2 at 3.0V, does the DDR2 survive? YES. Does it perform like it used to after? NO. Will that all said and done, it's up to YOU whether you want to change your temperatures or not, and based upon your decision whether to mislead people and feed them with the wrong information.

Well, then what do you have to say about the Core 2 Duo temps? Why do they seem to have a more reasonable temp tolerance at 60.1 degrees instead of 100 degrees? Intel could've said the same thing with those CPUs being at 100 degrees before it breaks down, as you have mentioned, "any processor can handle very high heat".

Man, it says, "Maximum Core Temperature"

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/mobile/pm/sb/CS-007971.htm

Look in the chart. "The ultimate goal of thermal management is to keep the processor at or below its maximum operating temperature (Tcase). The Intel Pentium M Processor Tcase is specified in Table 1 and measured at the center of the surface of the processor core case. "

Back
Top Bottom