Help building a gaming computer

Tech N9ne

In Runtime
Hey guys well i was thinking about buying a new computer from www.ncix.ca and i want this computer to be built for gaming for games like BF2 World of warcraft, counter strike source etc... so some of the high end games i guess you could say, my budjet is 1400$ canadian. i want this computer to be able to run games like world of warcraft with everything on max and if possible even AA maxed out to would be also nice. thanks

Well heres what i have, it can run most games (cept oblivion max quality)
Gigabyte GA-K8 Pro sli mobo
AMD Athlon 3500+ Oc'ed 2.5ghz (equivilent to 3700+)
Patriot 1 gig dual channel pc3200 x2 512
XFX 7600GT (soon to be dual)
500 watt power supply..not sure brand.
uhh dvd burner
120 gb SATA Hdd

If you get this..its only about 700 dollars, but with your budget, you can get double the power of this most likely.

hmm no !!!!
intel core 2 duo E6300 overclocked can whoop amd fx models...
and core 2 duo is much better than amd in everything now.

oh damn really i had no clue haha i heard this like 4 5 months ago so i guess stuff has changed haha... but the thing is only like 1.8 ghz thats so slow :S

not really, 1.8GHZ E6300 is like 3.6GHZ intel P4 in clock speed.
so its not slow, and core 2 duo are dual cores instead of just 1 single core, so u can multi task even more better without trouble.

Ohh okay so its kinda like mine? its a hyper threading i dont know if that is the same as duo but yeah i think that one you built is pretty good except i might choose a new case that my freind has its silent and ill need to throw in some new heatsinks for the GPU Cpu and probally a chipset cooler

Back
Top Bottom