Xi-Fi Xtreme Music vs. Sound Audigy 2

G9

Daemon Poster
It's the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card versus the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS SB0350 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card.

I currently have the Audigy2. Please answer the following:

1. Will I notice a improvement in audio quality when it comes to gaming?
2. Will I notice an improvement in audio quality when it comes to general usage (like the folder opening click)?
3. Will I notice an improvement in music/DVD audio playback quality?
4. Will I notice an improvement in performance of any kind?

i do know one thing; the factor that affects sound the most is speakers. but you will always notice a difference in sound at elast a little bit when upgrading soundcards

Yeah. I'll be getting the Logitech Z-5500 with the X-Fi XtremeMusic... if I get that high quality speakers, what philosophy should I follow?

1. I'm getting great speakers... I should get a sound card to match up.
2. Because I'm getting such high quality speakers, I can stick my old card.

if you have great speakers, it will sound fine no matter what, but adding a better soudncard only makes it sound better. i say get a better card if you have the spare cash. just dont look at it as a neccessity if youre current card is already decent.

You won't notice too much difference, but the X-Fi has more equalizer options and such. If I were you, keep the Audigy 2 and wait for the X-Fi to drop even more in price.

cileskot said:
if you have great speakers, it will sound fine no matter what, but adding a better soudncard only makes it sound better. i say get a better card if you have the spare cash. just dont look at it as a neccessity if youre current card is already decent.

And is my current card decent?

G9 said:
It's the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card versus the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS SB0350 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card.

I currently have the Audigy2. Please answer the following:

1. Will I notice a improvement in audio quality when it comes to gaming?
2. Will I notice an improvement in audio quality when it comes to general usage (like the folder opening click)?
3. Will I notice an improvement in music/DVD audio playback quality?
4. Will I notice an improvement in performance of any kind?

They both have the same DAC's and clock generation circuts, this here should answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom