Help with Purchasing new system

Ok, well there is some point to having you boot off one harddrive and have things installed to the other, this is what RAID can be used for. But im not sure, i wouldnt know..But with 4000, you could buy top of the line easily. If your into graphics and movie making..you might want to go with an Apple.

RAID helps in performance and redundancy. I personally prefer RAID 5, but you need 4 hard drives for that. RAID0 is the best for performance as you can RAID0 two Raptors or two 7200.10s.

cileskot said:
i would suggest getting a laptop. you could get all the specs you need for under 4000 dollars.

I would agree with you cileskot, a laptop with that price, would be VERY nice for everything she needs to do with it.

whats' the point of getting a laptop when OP already has two monitors?
And i gurantee that the Q6700 will outperform anything in a laptop ;)

If you want a top of the line computer, you could get a mac pro. If you don't like mac OS X you could always put windows XP on it. They can hold up to 2TB of storage, up to 16GB RAM, 2 intel xeon processors, quad SLI. That would fit in your budget range and they're great for graphic design. If you don't want a mac, I've heard that dell precision high end workstations are pretty good. You could also consider building one if you know how, but if not a dell or mac wouldn't be bad. 4000 dollar budget, you could get anything you want out there and you'd have a top of the line computer. Good luck :)

i was just looking at a mac pro on the apple website, and you knwo how much it isto upgrade to 16gb ram? 5700 dolars! thats insane. i hate how they overprice their crap.

Q6700 > dual xeons. hahaha. But impossibly hard to find, unless you know where to look. And they cost a premium.

cileskot said:
i was just looking at a mac pro on the apple website, and you knwo how much it isto upgrade to 16gb ram? 5700 dolars! thats insane. i hate how they overprice their crap.

Yeah, just buy directly from Crucial for FB-DIMMs.

Back
Top Bottom