Upgrading laptop GPUs

there is ways to upgrade a gpu on a laptop, but i was told that it takes a professional techncian to change the gpu, since changing the gpu requires u to take the laptop apart and then putting it back in.
in other words, dont change it urself, u might break the laptop....

Guys, which do you think is a better graphics card?

The Go 7400 by nvidia or the x1400 by Ati?

The thing with laptops is that there is not much space inside those babys, and it is hard to take apart then put back together, VERY FRAGILE, just from me i would not attempt, but i would go with the 7400 by nvidia (Try to go with xfx if possible) But have a professional install it, because we dont want you ruining your lap top bud :)

The thing with laptops is that there is not much space inside those babys, and it is hard to take apart then put back together, VERY FRAGILE
that is EXACTLY why u shouldnt do it urself.
and ya, go with the nividia gpu.

Yeah, I can't offer a helping hand for how to upgrade. But yeah, the Go 7400 would be better than the X1400. Pretty much the same: it has a 64-bit memory interface with about 1.3 times the clock of the X1400, which has a 128-bit interface, so it almost makes up for it on terms of bandwidth. Not enough of a difference to notice anything, probably. The only big difference is that the Go 7400 has GDDR3, as opposed to the X1400's DDR.

7400 FTW!

Back
Top Bottom