umm which linux should i use

kevkid

Baseband Member
i have a brand new dell xps 700 dual core processer with 512 mb of ram, which linux should i use?
im not very fimaliar at all with linux but can anyone help please

ubuntu is a good, easy to sue, free linux that i used on my laptop. i would wait for a second opinion though because ubuntu is the only linux ive ever used and i dont know much about linux. all i know is that i liked ubuntu. they also will ship you the live version and the install cd for free, and free shipping too.

heres their website:
www.ubuntu.com

Also try SUSE Linux! It is a VERY good distro and is fairly easy to use. I myself use it, and I love it! I also recommend Ubuntu, VERY easy to use (@ cileskot: not easy to sue :D ). Have fun with linux!

linnerd40 said:
(@ cileskot: not easy to sue :D

hahaha damnit i thought i got over misspelling "use" idk i just ahve a wierd way of typing and i always end up typing certain letters before othe rletters in the word lol.

but which linux can i use to replace my windows xp? as in i can put it on the hardrive and let it be my main operating system

kevkid said:
but which linux can i use to replace my windows xp? as in i can put it on the hardrive and let it be my main operating system

anyone of them. Exept the boot cd ones, they load the OS from the cd instead of the hdd.

Back
Top Bottom