shrinking hard drive?

Anyone know of a way I could delete everything on my computer except the operating system?

you coudl reinstall windows and then when reinstalling it, delete the partition,l and then create a new partion over where the old one was and instal x on that. but i would recomend buying a new hard driev anwyays. 4gb is just too small.

I can't go through the drama of installing Windows 2000 on this thing again. You have no idea. It's awful.

Isn't there a way to wipe everything but leave the OS in tact so all I have to do is download everything again?

your better off just un-installing all the programs in the control panel you see in there, and re-installing the ones you want..

Just did, I can't get it passed about 400MB. My computer right now has an Antivirus, a Firewall, a sypware blocker, Internet Explorer, and AIM on it. That's it. There's nothing left to delete.

Just 3 days ago it had a bunch of stuff on it, 1GB left, and no problems. I've deleted almost everything and can't get it past 400MB. There's nothing left to delete. I can't buy a new harddrive right now, what happened to cause it to be working fine for about 2 months and now it's shrinking for no reason?

you could just use that hard drive for windows and then buy another one to store files on if you really dont want to reinstall windows.

Could anyone link me to an FAQ on how to install an external hard drive or something?

Thanks lots for those love. Hugs and such.

So, about external hard drives: is it just for storing like pics, videos, etc or can you actually have internet, virus stuff, media players, etc on it and them running fine on your computer?

Back
Top Bottom