Big problem :( ... Drivers

amanat69

In Runtime
Hi guys, I've just put my machine together and everytime I try to play a game, particularly CounterStrike Source, the computer freezes/locks up and I have to push the main power switch to restart. A windows error message showed me this: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=78a87327-0518-4849-9525-3de8edd3ab2f&SID=10 - There is something wrong with my drivers. Does anyone know any driver update programs that search for drivers and install them for you? Anyone know what I can do? I have got the latest gfx drivers for my gfx card by the way.

Help really really appreciated,
Thanks.

Try rolling back your gfx drivers, check windows update too, look under the "hardware, optional" section. Are you using beta drives or the latest stable release, also what video card are you using?

Hey, thanks for reply - I already reinstalled my gfx drivers, windows updates are all done. My gfx is a 6800GT. It's a stable release from the Nvidia site. Do you reckon it could be my processor drivers? It's a 3500+

I have a realtek AC'97 onboard sound driver - I can't find the latest drivers for it not even on the realtek site... I'm not sure about it. And how can a sound driver cause my pc to freeze when playing a game?

I'd be suprised if a sound driver caused it to freeze. The processor drive just enables cool and quiet.

Try reinstalling your chipset drivers. Also, uninstall the nVidia drivers completely using device manager and reinstall them.

Back
Top Bottom