What is wrong with my computer

gangster

BSOD
Ok my computer is windows 98 and every time l turn my computer on a blue screen pops up so im thinking that its loading my dest top up but then another screen pops up and it says press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to restart my computer so I press the buttons to restart computer and then when I restarted the computer it keeps telling me to restart it. So could someone please tell me how do I fix this problem. Thans

do you ever get to the normal windows screen? if not then you should probably just reinstll windows. what are your specs? if they are decent then i would recommend upgrading to xp anyways.

yeah I'd also recommend upgrading to XP (or even windows 2000) since windows 98 is unsupported and obsolete now. I don't know why you're getting those blue screens, when I had 98 I used to get them alot too and never knew why.

you got the blue screen of death so much because windows 98 is a crap os lol. seriously get windows xp! the requirements arent that steep at all... i install it on a laptop with 64mb ram and like 333mhz p1 processor and it ran halfway decent.

If you can't afford xp or 2000 which happens just reformat your hard drive and reinstall 98 or use a restore disc or boot up your computer and go into safe mode run a few virus scans see if you can find the problem like that.

Ok my computer is windows 98 and every time l turn my computer on a blue screen pops up so im thinking that its loading my dest top up but then another screen pops up and it says press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to restart my computer so I press the buttons to restart computer and then when I restarted the computer it keeps telling me to restart it. So could someone please tell me how do I fix this problem. Thans

i have to agree w/all the above ^^ , if you stay with win 98, just stay away from the internet, if it's just for playing video games, that good.

if and when you can, i would move up to windows xp, it will be 500 % more stable than win 98.

Back
Top Bottom