attempted Overclock failed

wuduoshu

Beta member
hey im a newb and very unskilled at computers... well i attempted to overclock my intel core 2 duo e6600 with an asus p5w deluxe motherboard. noow i wish to return my bios back to default... how can i do that?? ... cause when i overclocked ... i used speedfan to check out the temperature the temp. are

sys fan: 0rpm temp1:45degree celsius
CPU0fan: ~1776rpm temp2: 33 degree celsius
Aux0fan: 0rpm temp3: 126 degree celsius :confused: \

there must be something wrong in having 126 degree celsius...

-.- im sad

in BIOS main menu there should be a default key that you can select. if not you can always bring your OC'ed CPU and under clock it to what its defaults were.

but ummm ok thanks i defaulted everything... but how can i make my aux0 fan not as hot... =(

126C sounds WAAAY high. Maybe if it was F it would be a little high. But that's not right. What is the aux fan temperature coming from? You should get real temp. probes to have more accurate readings.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think you can press insert at boot to revert, or since you're using ASUS, go to your BIOS and go to one of your last tabs, there should be a revert to default settings option that will load everything the way it did on your first boot. Hope this helps.

Are you getting these temp readings from you BIOS or some third party software, you may want to try motherboard monitor for temp sensing. I swear by this program, it's highly configurable and you can also set temp limits and tell it to shut down your computer is things get too hot. You can get it here: http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

*edit- also there should be a cmos reset jumper on your mobo, check your user manual it should be located right next to the cmos battery on you mobo. this will completely reset your bios to factory defaults

if your using speedfan to check your temps, i wouldnt go by that. last time i used speedfan it said my CPU was at 200 C, if that were to really happen, i think something would of fried by then :rolleyes:

This is why overclocking is usually not recommended, if you don't know what you're doing. You're lucky the processor didn't break.

Check to see if Speedfan could be the problem. Do they support Core 2 Duo? Take it off and try some other programs or just check the temps fro BIOS. Maybe your BIOS could use an update if the temps are way off.

fisrt of all mbm5 doesn't say anything about qfan0 temp. it's tuned down to 55 degrees celsius. i defaulted everything in bios and set everything to auto and default. it's still at 55 degrees celsius... what other things could i do???

I just thought of something...
Use ASUS AI Booster and PC Probe II, they will give you much better readings on a bunch of stuff. They're on your mobo cd.

Back
Top Bottom