My computer just got a virus how do I get rid of it.

gangster

BSOD
My computer just got a virus how do I get rid of it. Every time I turn on my computer it takes a long time for my dest top to pop up thin it says press ctrl-alt-del buttens to restart my computer and then when I restart my computer it says that if my computer is running slowier then usually then it has a small virus. Could some please tell me how do I get rid of the virus. Thanks :(

and after you have the virus scan completed and the virus is deleted. download zonealarm so if won't happen again.

try downloading avira. You can get it here: http://www.free-av.com/ It's a great free antivirus program that detects everything. AVG is also good, but avira just seems to detect better. Also using both of those at the same time isn't bad, I've done that before and they sort of pick up what the other misses so it's great.

Boot your computer in safe mode, disable system restore: right click "my computer" select "properties" go to system restore tab at the top. Then open your C: drive, up top click "tools">folder options>view, then select "show hidden files and folders", then again in your C: drive open the folder "documents and settings" you will see a folder for every user account on your computer go into each of these folders you'll see a "local settings" folder go inside this folder and delete everything in the "temp" folder and everything inside the "temporary internet files" folder, this is where most virses originate, and it will save you time scanning now that your computer has a few thousand less files. once all that is finished empty your recycle bin and run your viruses scanner, make sure you viruses def's are up to date, once the virus scan is finished make a note of which virus or viruses it's found, delete them all then go to www.symantec.com and do a search for the viruses and look at the removal instructions as you may have to go into the registry and delete a few keys the viruses may have created, you can also download and run ccleaner, do a google search for it. once you install this click the "issues" button and scan for issues, what this does os scans your registry for any invalid keys, and once the virus file is deleted there will be no file associated with the reg key and therefore be invalid and ccleaner should pick it up and delete it.

Back
Top Bottom