Dual boot Issues

wackypaint

Solid State Member
I recently installed Debian linux on a partitioned sata hard drive, and installed the dual boot loader that Debian provides. However, when i turn my computer on i guess the boot loader does not load. The screen does not load any operating system and just stays in the bios. Anyone have any idea as to how i can fix this?

Format disk?
Maybe check the connector cables or the jumper?

Sorry i don't really understand the question being asked..? :confused:

Check the partition. There should be something on what to boot into. Check a different computer and see if it works there. Has it booted successfully before? Or has it just never gone past BIOS? if worse comes to worst, I would have to say you have no choice but to format it and try again. You might want to try a different partion method, if possible, in the future.

The problem is that it never boots past the bios. The bios will load all of my drives and what not and then just stop so i am still in the bios. I have re installed linux again and still get the same problem.

I had some similar problems lately, main thing that stands out to me is ya running SATA drives like me. Now i havent tried debian, but im guessing that is were ya problem lies, coz ive tried 3 different distros lately and certain SATA configs really screw the installation up. The way i got round it was to goto the linux forums for the distro ya using and post ya setup there and someone should be to help ya out mate. HTH

You really should have installed Linux before Windows. That would have allowed you to use the Windows XP boot loader.

Back
Top Bottom