Re-Partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksb007

Baseband Member
I just reformatted my hard drive and I broke it into 2 partitions. One with the operating system and programs and the other with my personal files. I need to know how to repartition to make the operating system partition a little bigger. I'm not sure if FDisk has this functionality so let me know which partition programs you guys recommend and preferably which are open source or freeware. Thanks guys.

Partition magic will do the trick no problem.its great for resizing and deleting partitions as well as making partitions

can i just take the time to say if you have your programs installed onto another partition and you come to format the C: partition and install Windows again you maynot be able to run most programs you have installed. I would do two things:

Use the other partition as a backup drive
or use it as a file storeage

Partition magic is ok but i like to use Acronis Disk Director Suite

Thanks for the advice technoman. I believe i have it partition right. I think i mentioned in the first post that I have the operating system and the programs on one partition and that is the one that I need to make bigger. The other partition contains only personal files that I won't have to los if something goes wrong with my operating system. Thanks for the help though.

also western digital data life guard partitions..and i dont think you have to loose any data..and the good part about the program is its absolutly FREE..look on there website

Hi all,
I have formatted C drive and created a partition for the OS, but I created it 5GB out of 80 GB of the hard drive.
Now I run the windows and see that I have only 5 GB for the C drive. Can I just use the partition magic softwares to claim the 75 GB that I have not created the second partition?
If I can then I do not have to format C again. If not, then I have to format the C again and create two partitions instead of one.
Please help. I appreciate it.
huynh@wans.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom