Phising attempt - urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookfield said:
:mad: If you are referring to Setishock, he knows what he's talking about, believe me!, he used to be a mod here, but the pressure with being the head of Computer Vitals as well, was too much & he visits here as a Guru now, he was into computers, before you started primary school, if on the other hand you meant my reply to him, you're right, I'm definitely no techie, I was merely accepting his superior wisdom.
No I wasn't referring to Seti, and as you have stated in your post my assumption was correct, as to the "primary school" reference, Seti wasn't even born when I started primary school :D
DJ-CHRIS said:
Way to be an a rude moron :eek:

Dictionary.com

mo‧ron  /ˈmɔrɒn, ˈmoʊr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mawr-on, mohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun
1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
2. Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

Compare feeble-minded.

[Origin: 1905–10, American; < Gk mōrón, neut. of mōrós foolish, dull]
Definately not me though I will concede the "rude" may be applicable and as you do not know me in the slighest I find your judgement to be rather poorly considered. Name calling does not in any way display superior debating skills. You may also like to enroll in Grammar 101 or a course in "How to use spellcheck" :D

djchrisav6.jpg

Tsk tsk, you really should be more careful when tossing are terms such as noob, your own skills and knowledge with regard to computers may appear to yourself as being superior but I would beg to differ on that point of view. A persons post count is in no way indicitive of their knowledge, it is merely an indicator of their will to participate.

DILLIGAF said:
No I wasn't referring to Seti, and as you have stated in your post my assumption was correct, as to the "primary school" reference, Seti wasn't even born when I started primary school :D

Definately not me though I will concede the "rude" may be applicable and as you do not know me in the slighest I find your judgement to be rather poorly considered. Name calling does not in any way display superior debating skills. You may also like to enroll in Grammar 101 or a course in "How to use spellcheck" :D

djchrisav6.jpg

Tsk tsk, you really should be more careful when tossing are terms such as noob, your own skills and knowledge with regard to computers may appear to yourself as being superior but I would beg to differ on that point of view. A persons post count is in no way indicitive of their knowledge.

Not to flame or anythign, but you could enroll in STFU at the kindergarten level, and a grade one de-nazi class.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Not to flame or anythign, but you could enroll in STFU at the kindergarten level, and a grade one de-nazi class.
A poor come back and a lame disclaimer with regard to flaming but I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you tried your hardest and this is the best you could contrive.

Personally I have no axe to grind with you, but you may wish to reconsider your approach to posting imo, I am no noob, I have been building/repairing/ troubleshooting pc problems for more than 10 years, if you do not wish to acknowledge my experience and offers of help with problems posted on the forum, so be it.

DILLIGAF said:
No I wasn't referring to Seti, and as you have stated in your post my assumption was correct, as to the "primary school" reference, Seti wasn't even born when I started primary school
Seti is in his mid-fifties, that makes you at least 60, so I apologise, what is your actual age then, I'm 75, there must be more older members than I thought, & we need more to adjust the balance slightly, I say slightly as CF has a very large contingent of 14 to 20 year olds, not complaining, just stating facts.

Brookfield said:
Seti is in his mid-fifties, that makes you at least 60, so I apologise, what is your actual age then, I'm 75, there must be more older members than I thought, & we need more to adjust the balance slightly, I say slightly as CF has a very large contingent of 14 to 20 year olds, not complaining, just stating facts.
I have no wish to devolve this into a young versus old slanging match, it is not a positive approach to forum use imo, suffice it to say I am in the "older" age bracket.

I will, when I see it to be applicable, post solutions where I may be of help to people genuinely seeking help and point out erroneous material supplied by others where there is a circumstance that the advice offered may be detrimental to the "uninitiated" if incorrectly explained.

For me the first rule of offering advice on a forum is to treat every reply as being directed to a "novice' and as such this advice is best explained in detail step by step. All encompassing posts assuming prior knowledge by the person seeking help can often be more detrimental than the original problem if interpreted incorrectly.

I have no wish to rejoin debate in threads devoted to "teen angst" as for me personally those days are a distant memory.

Suffice it to say I will offer "correct factual advice" backed up with links to appropriate reference sources when applicable.

Regards,

DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF said:
I have no wish to devolve this into a young versus old slanging match, it is not a positive approach to forum use imo, suffice it to say I am in the "older" age bracketDILLIGAF
I just found out what DILLIGAF means, it's great!, old biker, or ex Navy?

EDIT Apologies all, I posted this before I saw that it was closed, when you go straight to a post, you can't always see the "closed" emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom