Core 2 Duo Build Mulitpurpose

Vurnakes

Baseband Member
I am a new college student and I want to build my first computer based on the Core 2 Due E6600. I have around $1400 to spend and I already have a monitor. I want to use this computer for several different funtions: gaming, music center/recording, home theator, and of course homework. I would like a fairly nice machine but it doesn't have to be the top of the line. I also would like to put it in a Lian Li case if my buget can hold that. Please help me find good parts that will allow me to be able to do everything that I listed. Thank you for all your help and time. This site is a great place for it becuase of all of you.

okay, No 7950GX2, complete waste of money. X1900XT will do you fine. And you need a good powersupply. Your computer is useless without a good one. Silverstone Zeus ST56ZF.

ownage said:
okay, No 7950GX2, complete waste of money. X1900XT will do you fine. And you need a good powersupply. Your computer is useless without a good one. Silverstone Zeus ST56ZF.
Haha, the PSU he picked out made me laugh.. that silverstone should do it justice though.
450 watts with 18a on the 12+v just aint enough.. :\

That thermaltake case is just not worth it... it's.. meh.. and I have to agree that an x1900xt would be a better choice over a 7950gx2.

Spec said:
actually, that is a complete waste of money. You should get a 7950GT and 2GB (dual channel) DDR2 memory. For the psu, get the OCZ GameXStream 700Watt Version. (I have it and it's great. Can power my 7900GT)

Thanks so far to all of the suggestions. But what about parts for the home theator. TV Tuner? 7.1 Sound card? I already have the parts needed for music recording. I have the Line 6 model that I plug my guitar in and it records. Again thanks for the help so far.

AMD RULES said:
actually, that is a complete waste of money. You should get a 7950GT and 2GB (dual channel) DDR2 memory. For the psu, get the OCZ GameXStream 700Watt Version. (I have it and it's great. Can power my 7900GT)

Silverstone > OCZ

The X1900XT is extremely cheap right now. Unless you can wait for the X1950pro, which is a extremely good card. For a sound card, a X-Fi exteme music is good, or the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, for TV tuners, get a PCI-E tv tuner, not a PCI one.

Back
Top Bottom