Microsoft IE Internet Hole

Spec

Fully Optimized
http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=25026
The unpatched Internet Explorer exploit discovered in the wild this week could quickly spread to thousands of malicious websites as soon as this weekend, warn security researchers.
The exploit is continuing to evolve rapidly, researchers said. Proof of concept code has appeared for a version that would do away with the use of scripting, which would mean users couldn't protect themselves by disabling scripting in Explorer, and would make it easier for the exploit to be delivered via an HTML email.

... There saying it could spread global..not sure if this is for older versions of IE, but hell im glad im not using it. Stupid IE.. Just a warning to others...dont use IE...

Tommy Boy said:
I'm sure glad I don't use IE.

Firefox all the way.

I dont use firefox or IE, there very slow to me...i use opera...good for my uses :)

I don't care whether people use Opera or Firefox.. so long as it isn't IE!!

Speaking of opera.. i've been trying that one out more.. i'm starting to get used to it.. very nice browser. :)

I know that if someone really wanted too they could exploit Firefox or opera just as easly but theres no demand for it. This is why being the biggest has its down sides. I use Firefox so this doesn't worry me.

In fact my CISCO teacher even said he has been pushing for firefox or opera on all school pcs.

Nik00117 said:
I know that if someone really wanted too they could exploit Firefox or opera just as easly but theres no demand for it. This is why being the biggest has its down sides. I use Firefox so this doesn't worry me.

In fact my CISCO teacher even said he has been pushing for firefox or opera on all school pcs.
I tried to do the same for my school, but the IT admin guy there basically told me I don't know what the hell i'm talking about.. idiot...

i dont use IE but Thank You for the heads up man :), but I think i might be good because I check Microsoft windows update regularly and it patche sup holes but thnaks any ways

Firefox is stupid.

Think about it, how is it more secure if the source is open? LOL, give a determined hacker 1 day and he can hack it to pieces.

Then the "fixed" version comes out. Hacker downloads the new source-tree, cycle continues.

Your fanboy arguments don't hold at all.

UK31337 said:
Firefox is stupid.

Think about it, how is it more secure if the source is open? LOL, give a determined hacker 1 day and he can hack it to pieces.

Then the "fixed" version comes out. Hacker downloads the new source-tree, cycle continues.

Your fanboy arguments don't hold at all.

Great answer! ;)

Fact is IE is the most secure of any browser out there..........it's just the main target because it's the biggest. No fun hacking something that only reaches 1% (or so) of the users!

Back
Top Bottom